The following information pertains to the posting of flyers, posters, banners, artwork, etc. on the Pitzer College campus. Any violation of these policies and procedures may result in the removal of your posting. Please direct any questions or concerns to the Office of Student Affairs, 909-621-8241.
Stamps from other Claremont Colleges are not valid. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs with a copy or copies posting for a Pitzer College approval stamp. Duplicating can also provide approval stamps if you are utilizing their services (please see information regarding Student Senate campaigns below).
Postings must include:
- Date, Time & Location – If the posting has no specific date/time (i.e. artwork, reoccurring club/org meetings) please include Fall/Spring semester (i.e. SP19, Spring 2019) or entire year (i.e. FY18-19). There is no location requirement for non-events.
- Contact Information – A telephone number or email is recommended, but social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Instagram) are also acceptable as long as they have a contact feature.
- Name(s) of Sponsoring Organization/Person
Student Senate Campaigning
Any postings (i.e. flyers, yard signs) involved in Student Senate campaigns approved by the Office of Student Affairs only. Duplicating cannot approve campaign postings. Postings must include contact information such as email or social media account with messaging capability (i.e. Facebook, Instagram).
Posting on Campus
**You must use blue painter’s tape – available for free check-out in the Office of Student Affairs (Scott Hall 120)**
Please DO NOT post on:
- ANY glass doors (including all residence halls)
- Painted doors (excludes residence hall suite/room doors)
- ANY painted walls
- Over other postings/artwork
- Pitzer College signs or emergency exit signs
- Door opening devices
- Rocks and plant life
- Any walkways or floors
- Windows of Benson Auditorium
Where to Post:
- Glass windows near residence hall entrances (NOT doors)
- Kiosk bulletin board inbetween Sanborn Halls and GSC
- Bulletin board in Mead Courtyard
- Bulletin board between Fletcher and Avery Halls to left of women’s restroom
- Glass windows at the Pit Stop (right of entrance)
- Glass windows at entrances of Scott Hall (NOT doors)
- Bulletin board near Registrar’s Office (right of entrance)
- Bulletin boards in McConnell Lobby near both entrances
- Kiosk bulletin board in Scott Courtyard
- Bulletin board near Institutional Research Office (Avery) to right of entrance
The posting policy can be found in the Pitzer Student Handbook.