Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a parking permit?
Contact Transportation Coordinator, Bryce Sternquist, at [email protected] for more information

What happens if I lose my ID card?
Please obtain new ID cards (in the event of loss or non-functioning card) at the Claremont University Consortium (CUC) Connection, 800 N. Dartmouth Ave., Claremont, CA. 91711 or 909.607.2273 (7CARD). The CUC Connection is located at the south entrance of the Honnold-Mudd Library. There is no cost for a damaged ID card if you bring the damaged ID card to the CUC Connection and the cost for a new card is currently $15. Residents living in PAS & W.E. Halls will need to have their new ID card coded by the Residence Life Office in order to have access to their room.

What happens if I lose my keys?
If you lose your key, it is important that you notify your Residence Director immediately to initiate a lock/core change. Charges for lock changes will be placed on your student account. Please refer to the Student Handbook for general charges.

What happens if I lose my roommate mid-summer?
If your roommate decides not to return to the College at any time, you will receive a new roommate. A confirmation will be sent to you via Pitzer email as soon as a new roommate has been assigned to you.

I would like to have cable TV in my room. What do I do?
Pitzer College does not have cable in residence halls rooms, but each residence hall living room (E. Sanborn Living Room, West Hall Living Room, and Mead Living Room) has cable TV.  Students are welcome to contract with Time Warner individually if they would like cable TV in their rooms.  Students should contact Time Warner to set-up an appointment for Fridays.  Then the student should contact Pitzer Facilities at 909-607-2226 to let them know their appointment time so a representative from Facilities can be present to let Time Warner into the proper electrical closets in the building.  Any questions?  Please contact facilities!

Setting up your phone extension
If you would like to have your room extension activated, please email [email protected] with the following information: Name, contact telephone number, email address, and room number. Your request will be sent to the CUC Telephone Office. Each request may take up to 5 business days to complete.


Meal plans
Students are able to change their meal plans through their Residence Homepage. The meal plan change option will be available the Sunday before classes start, and will be open for one week. No changes can be made after this time.

If you have any questions about your meal plan, please email [email protected]

Flex dollars vs. Claremont Cash – What’s the difference?
All students of the Claremont Colleges have a Claremont Cash account established as soon as their ID card is created. Funds may be deposited in an account by cash, check, money order and credit card (Visa and MasterCard) at The Claremont Card Center or online at You may use these funds to purchase meals, books, sweatshirts and any other goods sold at locations accepting Claremont Cash. Unused funds will roll-over from one year to the next. There are no cash withdrawals permitted until you terminate, withdraw or graduate from the College.

Flex dollars are attached to the 16 and 12 meal plan. You may use flex dollars in the dining hall and other eateries on campus such as the Grove House and Pit-Stop. Flex dollars do not roll over in to the next semester so it is suggested that you use your flex dollars before the end of the semester.

I want to have my bed adjusted. How do I do this?
Any bed modification request (raising, lofting, or lowering) must be submitted before residents move into the hall for fall semester.  Residents will be able to access an online form that is emailed out in August each year.  All bed modification requests must be completed no later than the end of the second week of every semester at 5:00 pm. No late requests will be accepted.

I need something in my room or bathroom repaired. What should I do?
If anything in your room or a common area in the residence hall is in need of repair, please fill out a work order online. After 5 p.m. and on weekends, please call Campus Safety for an emergency work order.

If something is leaking water, please contact the RA on duty, or Campus Safety, immediately!

Internet Problems
If computer service is needed, please contact Information Technology at [email protected].