Welcome to Pitzer College’s “Returning Students Move-In Guide” resource page! You’ll find updated information here about the Fall and/or Spring Arrival process for returning students.
Fall 2021 Move-In Information (Returning Students)
Fall 2021 Returning Student Move-in
Returning Student Orientation Move-In Day – Sunday, August 22, 2021
- Returning students who will be participating in Returning Student Orientation will move-in on Sunday, August 22, 2021 during the times associated with the first letter of their last name. Each student may have up to two (2) persons assist with move-in. Students may arrive with their helpers anytime during their 2-hour move-in
- A-F 8:00am – 10:00am
- G-K 10:00am – 12:00pm (noon)
- L-R 12:00pm (noon) – 2:00pm
- S-Z 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- More Orientation related information for incoming first-years, rising sophomores and transfers can be found here.
- More information on Family Orientationwill be forthcoming.
Returning Student Move-In (mostly Juniors and Seniors)
- Saturday, August 28, 2021 and Sunday, August 29, 2021
- Returning students will move-in on Saturday and Sunday during the times associated with the first letter of their last name. Each student may have up to two (2) persons assist with move-in. Students may arrive with their helpers anytime during their move-in sl
- Saturday, August 28
- A-K: 9am-1pm
- L-Z: 1pm-5pm
- Sunday, August 29
- L-Z : 9am-1pm
- A-K: 1pm-5pm
Spring 2020 Move-In Information (Returning Students)
- The Residence Halls open for ALL students on Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 10AM.
- The location for check in is the Residence Life Office, East Sanborn, C300 from 10AM- 9PM on Sunday, January 19 and 10AM- 7PM on Monday, January 20.
- PLEASE NOTE: All residents will need to check-in at the Residence Life Office (C300) upon arrival to campus.
- Moving carts will also be available for checkout for one hour at a time.
- Please allow at least 10-20 minutes for check in. Wait times will vary based the number of check ins throughout the day.
- If you are unable to check-in during the days/times above, please contact email@example.com
No College Issued Furniture Removal
Due to the lack of storage space on campus, Pitzer Facilities will not be removing any furniture from rooms (beds, mattresses, desks, dressers, and chairs). If you choose to remove any of the furniture provided for you in the residence halls, you are responsible for ensuring the original furniture you were given during check in is placed back in the room during check out to avoid any fees. Please take this into consideration as you are planning your return to campus.
Pitzer ID Cards - Required for Check-In
All returning students should bring their student ID card upon arrival. If students have misplaced their ID cards, they should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order a new ID card during the summer before move-in.
Students that have not been provided an ID card will be provided one at move-in.
If students arrive to campus without their ID and have not notified residence life during the summer, they will need to go to the Connection located on the first floor of the Honnold/Mudd library.
For both fall and spring semester openings, the Connection will have altered hours to accommodate our openings days. Please visit http://cards.cuc.claremont.edu/ for more information about the most current hours.
Please note that measurements are estimates and can vary. This information should be used as guides when purchasing items for your room.
Room layouts can be found on each Residence Hall’s page.
Founded in 2013, Re-Room looks to re-circulate a wide range of materials each year, keeping our stuff in our community and reducing waste campus-wide! We encourage new students to shop at the Re-Room sale on move-in day in August to find refrigerators, microwaves, couches, lamps, fans, bookshelves, shower caddies, trash cans, etc.
If you can’t find what you need at Re-Room, then consider purchasing new appliances/furniture, reuse them every year, and give them to Re-Room at the end of your time at Pitzer for future students to use.
Dining Hall Info and Meal Plan Updates
Once you arrive on campus all students will receive an ID Card that will give you access to your room and the dining hall. Upon entering the dining hall, you will be required to ‘swipe’ or ‘tap’ your I.D. Card at the cashier’s entrance and to use verify and use your selected meal plan.
Students have the option to choose between the 12 meal plan and the 16 meal plan. The dining hall is open three times a day for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday – Friday and on the weekends it is open for brunch and dinner. As a Pitzer student, you will have access to all the undergraduate dining halls on the Claremont College campus.
For more information about the McConnell Dining Hall please visit http://pitzer.cafebonappetit.com
Need to update your meal plan?
Students have one week after classes begin to change their meal plan. To update your meal plan before the deadline, please log in to MyCampus portal and click on the Student Services tab. You may opt to change your meal plan up until the deadline specified on the portal. Please keep an eye out for meal plan change deadlines every semester!
Planning for Move-In Day
Please check-in at the Residence Life Office, East Sanborn, C300, checkout a cart, then move your car to a location closer to your building to unload. As soon as you’re done unloading, please move your car to the East Mesa Parking Lot or temporarily, to Claremont Blvd (NOTE: Overnight parking is not allowed on Claremont Bvld.). Please return the cart promptly to the Residence Life Office for others to use.
Bed Lofting Information
Due to the limited number of lofting kits available, lofting requests will be granted based on availability by building. All requests will be taken on a first come first serve basis starting every semester. To submit your request, please submit the online form here: TBA
As a reminder, submitting a request does NOT guarantee approval.
Specific information regarding online form requests and deadlines, please visit the online form during the open request period. Dates will vary every semester. Please check back here for more details.
Fall – August of each year
Spring – January of each year