Spring 2021 Information
Pitzer will not be offering Campus Housing during the traditional January opening for the Spring 2021 semester. All students are expected to update their expected address and phone numbers within their Residence Portal (button below). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions. More information on for Spring 2021 can be found on the COVID-19 Informational site.
The majority of Pitzer students live in six residence halls on campus. Residence living enables students to share intellectual and educational pursuits while learning to live within a diverse community. It provides opportunities for individual growth through community involvement, interpersonal relationships, and social interaction. Pitzer College requires that all full-time first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior students live on campus and enter into a residency agreement each academic year when enrolled at the College.
Each of the residence halls have trained, live-in Residence Directors who are full-time professional staff members responsible for coordinating and overseeing hall activities including programming, advising on academic and personal concerns, supervising and coordinating student staff, working with hall council, and daily operations. All staff members are readily available to students, while a member of each hall staff is on call at all times.
Pitzer, Atherton and Sanborn Halls (P.A.S.)
- Pitzer Hall houses 78 students. Rooms are double occupancy with two rooms sharing an adjoining vanity, bathroom and shower. Common areas include a living room, eight study rooms and laundry facilities. The first level of Pitzer Hall is the home of the Admission Office.
- Atherton Hall houses 62 students. Rooms are double occupancy with two rooms sharing an adjoining vanity, bathroom and shower. Common areas include a living room, six study rooms and laundry facilities. The first level of Atherton Hall is also home to the campus mail center, art studios and the Lenzner Family Art Gallery.
- Sanborn Hall houses 178 students. Rooms are double occupancy with two rooms sharing an adjoining vanity, bathroom and shower. Common areas include a living room, nine study rooms, laundry facilities and a kitchen.
More information about P.A.S.
- Mead Hall is the oldest residence hall on campus. It houses approximately 225 students. Suites share a common living room with four people on each side for a total of eight people in a suite. Common areas include a community kitchen, laundry facilities and a television lounge.
- Mead is also home to the Center for Asian Pacific American Students (CAPAS), the Office of Communications, the Writing Center, the Arboretum Manager Office, the Marquis Library and Pitzer College Archives.
More information about Mead Hall
West, East, and Skandera Halls
- The newest residential living areas on Pitzer’s campus opened in fall of 2012. West, East, and Skandera Halls are made up of four buildings that house 300 sophomores, juniors and seniors in suite-style living.
- Living in WES Halls is an incredible living experience; it boasts not only beautiful facilities but an unobstructed view of the magnificent San Gabriel mountain range. It is also houses a demonstration kitchen, faculty-in-residence apartments, the Offices of Study Abroad and International Programs and the Mosbacher/Gartrell Center for Media Experimentation and Activism.
More information about WES Halls
Residence Life Office
Office of Student Affairs
East Sanborn, C300
Claremont, CA 91711