Residence Life at Pitzer College, which is part of Student Affairs, aims to “Create a Caring Living-Learning Community” for all. Residence Life staff oversee all housing selection, residential safety, support, and programs, utilizing our Co-Curriculum, as well as conference services. Be sure to review all our websites on the right side menu, including Staff, Residence Halls, Move-In & Closing, Housing Selection, Work Service Requests, and FAQs.
- Office Location: E. Sanborn, C300
- Phone: Monday-Friday, 9am-4:30pm (summer hours), 909-607-3900
- Email: email@example.com
- Follow-us on Instagram or Facebook
Fall 2021 Planning:
All ResLife update emails for Fall 2021 can be found on the “Community Messages” section of the Pitzer Pathway Forward website.
Quick Links & Resources
About Residential Living at Pitzer
The majority of Pitzer students live in six residence halls on campus. Residence living enables students to share intellectual and educational pursuits while learning to live within a diverse community. It provides opportunities for individual growth through community involvement, interpersonal relationships, and social interaction. Pitzer College requires that all full-time first-year, sophomore, junior, and senior students live on campus and enter into a residency agreement each academic year when enrolled at the College.
Each of the residence halls have trained, live-in Residence Directors who are full-time professional staff members responsible for coordinating and overseeing hall activities including programming, advising on academic and personal concerns, supervising and coordinating student staff, working with hall council, and daily operations. All staff members are readily available to students, while a member of each hall staff is on call at all times.
Residence Hall Tours are on our YouTube channel!
Pitzer, Atherton, Sanborn, & Skandera Halls (PAS/S)
- Pitzer, Atherton, Sanborn & Skandera Hall: Common areas include a living room, study rooms and laundry facilities. Rooms are double occupancy with two rooms sharing an adjoining vanity, air conditioning, bathroom and shower. The first level of Pitzer Hall is the home of the Admission Office. The first level of Atherton Hall is also home to the campus mail center, art studios and the Lenzner Family Art Gallery.
- More information about PAS/S.
- Mead Hall is the oldest residence hall on campus. It houses approximately 225 students. Suites share a common living room with four people on each side for a total of eight people in an air conditioned suite. Common areas include a community kitchen, laundry facilities and a television lounge.
- Mead is also home to the Center for Asian Pacific American Students (CAPAS), the Office of Communications, the Writing Center, the Arboretum Manager Office, the Marquis Library and Pitzer College Archives.
- More information about Mead Hall
West, East, and Skandera Halls
- The newest residential living areas on Pitzer’s campus opened in fall of 2012. West, East, and Skandera Halls are made up of four air conditioned buildings that house 300 sophomores, juniors and seniors in suite-style living.
- Living in WES Halls is an incredible living experience; it boasts not only beautiful facilities but an unobstructed view of the magnificent San Gabriel mountain range. It is also houses a demonstration kitchen, faculty-in-residence apartments, the Offices of Study Abroad and International Programs and the Mosbacher/Gartrell Center for Media Experimentation and Activism.
- More information about WES Halls
Claremont Collegiate Apartments (CCA)
- The Claremont Collegiate Apartments are full apartment style living, featuring full kitchens, air conditioning, and housing throughout the Winter Break. Additional unique amenities and policies can be seen at the link below.
- More information about Claremont Collegiate Apartments