All students living in the residence halls are required to commit to a meal plan. Students wishing to change their meal plan may request a change during the first week of classes each semester. No changes are permitted after this time.
The meal plans available are:
- 16 meal plan 16 meals in a one week period including $160 flex dollars per semester OR
- 12 meal plan 12 meals in a one week period including $120 flex dollars per semester
Flex dollars are included with the board plan and can be used for additional meals at any of the Claremont Colleges dining halls and wide array of eateries (Grove House, Pit Stop, Shakedown, etc.). Additional flex dollars cannot be purchased.
Claremont Cash, a credit applied to a student’s ID card, can also be used for laundry, vending machines, extra dining hall meals, and both food and non-food items throughout the Claremont Colleges and at select merchants in the Claremont Village. For more information please visit their website at http://cards.cuc.claremont.edu/
Dining Hall Hours During Breaks:
- Fall Break and Thanksgiving Break – The residence halls remain open and the meal plans remain active. The hours and location of the available dining services WILL change and will be emailed to the community before the break.
- Winter Break – The residence halls close, the meal plans are NOT active, and most dining halls close as well.
- Spring Break – The residence halls remain open, the meal plans are NOT active, and the hours/location of the available dining services WILL change and will be emailed to the community before the break.
- Summer – Limited on-campus housing is available for students taking summer classes, working on-campus, or doing research with a faculty member (who will sponsor them). Meal plans are NOT available, but Claremont Cash is still an option. Dining Halls have limited hours and the schedules will vary.
Dining Options on the Pitzer Campus
McConnell Bistro, located in McConnell Center, is the main dining hall on campus and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays and brunch and dinner on weekends.
The Grove House is a craftsman-style home that serves as a restaurant and student center. The Grove House kitchen serves delicious homemade dishes made from locally grown food and also caters events.
The Pit-Stop Café is located in Bernard Hall facing the Scott Courtyard. The café serves coffee, specialty drinks, gourmet sandwiches, wraps and salads.
The Shakedown Cafe is a student-run restaurant, located on the second floor of the Gold Student Center (GSC).