RHC is designed to promote student engagement in the residence halls as well as empower thoughtful and active student voices. Additionally, RHC functions as a platform to bridge gaps between students and residential resources. Any Pitzer student living within the residence halls can get involved with RHC. We work together as a group to ensure that the greater needs of the residents are met. RHC is the voice of the residents and if you want to make your community feel comfortable and heard, then RHC is for you!
The mission of RHC shall be to collaborate with Residence Life and campus organizations, implement engaging residential hall activities, and role model student representation, advocacy, and voice within the residence halls. RHC will serve as an entity that energizes community bonding, accountability, and support by fostering resident participation in hall improvements, events, dialogues, and community service.
Goals & Objectives:
- To offer activities and student engagement opportunities based on thoughtful student feedback and community needs.
- To work collectively with Residence Life staff to promote improvement of residence life experience and resources.
- To promote the embodiment of Pitzer Core values in the residence halls.
- Assist residential community in efforts to make best use of residential spaces and resources.
- President – Leads the Residence Hall Council meetings and provides direction for council. Serves as the spokesperson for RHC at campus events.
- Vice President of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Leads a working group to create initiatives and address concerns related to identity, diversity, and inclusion across the residential footprint.
- Vice President of Community Engagement – Leads and hosts various town hall sessions throughout the year to gain feedback from campus residents. Creates marketing for RHC and Residence Life initiatives.
- Vice President of Service & Recognition – Plans and facilitates various service events to give back to the Pitzer, Claremont, and greater Los Angeles community. Leads a working group to create initiatives to recognize the hard work and community impact of Pitzer/Claremont community members.
- Review the RHC Charter to learn more about the organization.
All positions are volunteer. Service hours can be logged for serving in a RHC position.
Fall 2023 Campaign Timeline
August 19th – Intent to Run Form Opens – https://forms.gle/V3R4PQ
August 31st – Info Session #1 @ 7pm – East Sanborn Living Room
September 4th – Info Session #2 @ 4pm (CANCELED)
September 6th – Info Session #3 @ 7pm – Mead Library
September 8th – Info Session #4 @ 12:30 PM – https://pitzer.zoom.us/j/89969818202
September 15th – Intent to Run Form Closes @ 12pm – LAST DAY TO BE CONSIDERED A CANDIDATE
September 21st – RHC Candidate Meet & Greet
September 22nd – Election Day & Election Results Celebration
September 23rd – RHC Training Day
Week of September 25th – RHC Weekly Meetings Begin