The PAS Community – The First-Year Experience
- The RAs facilitate community building in the residence hall through program planning. They also perform nightly security checks throughout the buildings.
- One Faculty-in-Residence (FIRs) lives in an apartment in PAS. This faculty member is active in the Pitzer community and often hosts programs for residents in their apartment.
- One Residence Director (RD) also lives in an apartment in PAS. The RD oversees the RAs in the building, hears judicial cases, plans building-wide programs, and helps the whole residence hall community function smoothly.
There are also a limited number of single rooms in PAS for upper-class students. The upper-class students who live in PAS. serve as a great resource to the community and help connect the first-year community to the other students at Pitzer.
- Study Rooms – PAS has over ten study rooms located throughout the complex. These rooms provide private, quiet study space where individuals or groups can work on classwork. Two study rooms provide access to a printer and computer that is available to the community to use.
- Living Rooms – PAS has three living rooms which serve as social gathering places with such as comfortable seating, TVs, DVD players and community events calendars.
- Community Kitchen – The kitchen has a refrigerator, oven, stovetop, dishwasher, sink and a small dining area. Some cooking supplies for the kitchen are available at the Residence Life Office
- The Residence Life Office – Located in the corner between North Sanborn and East Sanborn Hall (C300), the Residence Life Office is where students can go if they have questions about Housing Selection or anything related to housing. Students can also get toilet paper, cleaning supplies, and check out vacuums, brooms, etc.
- Founding Faculty Amphitheater – Dedicated to Pitzer’s founding faculty, the amphitheater is located between PAS and West and East Halls. It’s a great space to hold outdoor events.
Get Involved in the PAS Community
Student engagement is one of Pitzer’s core values and getting involved early on is as easy as looking around your residence hall! Some ways to get involved in the PAS community are:
- Resident Assistants – Each hall has a resident assistant (RA) dedicated to building a community within their halls and Pitzer. Your RA will be communicating with you about programs and events you can attend hosted by Residence Life.
- Residence Hall Council – Check out the RHC website to learn more https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/2019/08/23/pitzerrhc/