Welcome to Pitzer College from Orientation Programs! Whether you are starting as a Pitzer student in the fall or spring, and either as a first-time, transfer, or New Resource student, New Student Orientation (NSO) marks the official beginning of your Pitzer College adventure. We are very excited to join you in your journey at Pitzer.
NSO is a program designed to introduce you to many aspects of life at Pitzer. You will meet with faculty, staff, and other students for discussions, advising, and online social events. You will register for classes and get to know some of your new classmates and student leaders. During New Student Orientation you will also have the opportunity to learn about the following:
- The nature of a Pitzer education and the unique educational opportunities available here.
- Our educational objectives, academic policies, course planning, majors, and graduation requirements.
- How to actively participate in our vibrant student life community and the Pitzer community as a whole.
- Your financial aid options including grants, loans, and part-time employment opportunities.
- The campus community at Pitzer and how to make safe and well-informed decisions.
- Student involvement in campus organizations, service learning, and governance.
Browse the New Student Orientation menu below to find out more information about aspects of your transition experience to Pitzer. Throughout the summer and fall more information will be updated here.
For any immediate questions about New Student Orientation please contact the Orientation Staff.