NOTE: The information on this site is for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Pitzer debuted a new housing option in Fall 2019. In partnership with Claremont Graduate University, Students can now apply to live at the Claremont Collegiate Apartments (CCA) through the regular Pitzer Housing Selection process. (See the Housing Selection website for the application and deadlines).
- Pitzer students who select to live at CCA will be considered as on-campus housing and will have their student account billed directly. More information on CCA can be found here.
- CCA Apartments come in 3 Bed/2 Bath and 2 Bed/1 Bath set ups.
- Rooms come in a combination of Single and Double occupancy, with sophomores available to select single rooms via the Housing Selection process.
Why Choose CCA & Amenities
Advantages of CCA:
- Pitzer students are able to stay at CCA through the college’s winter break at no additional cost!
- Sophomores, juniors and seniors are eligible for single rooms at CCA.
- Pitzer students at CCA can be on the 5, 12, or 16 meal plan.
- All units have kitchens
- All utilities, including cable TV, are included
- Apartment-style living located on Claremont Colleges property
- Free wireless internet
- The entire complex has wi-fi capability.
- All appliances included
- Full or mini refrigerators, microwaves, stove tops, ovens and dishwashers in select floor plans.
- All utilities included
- Electricity, water, sewer and trash pick-up are all provided.
- Computer lab
- This learning center has four (4) computer stations and is the only lab in the complex with 24-hour accessibility.
- Free Printing
- On-site staff
- CCA Community assistants can assist you with any issue or concern that arises outside of normal business hours.
- Free parking
- Free parking in the complex or in the parking area by the claremont school of theology.
- Community room
- This multi-purpose space is available for the educational, social and recreational needs of all student residents.
- Satellite cable tv
- This service is complimentary to all residents in the apartments.
- Laundry facilities
- Located in several strategic places within the complex, and available for use 24 hours a day. Take coin and credit/debit card only, no Claremont Cash.
- Campus safety patrols
- For an added layer of safety and security, the entire complex is patrolled on a regular basis by campus safety personnel.
- Gas grills
- Gas grills are available year-round for resident use.
- Some first floor units provide this feature which allow you to enjoy the California sunshine just outside your door.
- Enhanced customer service
- From timely response to maintenance needs, or a staff that understands your challenges as a graduate student, the housing services team and it’s university partners are available to assist and support you.
- Conveniently located
- Walking distance to Claremont village, metro link and zip car rentals
CCA has the following spaces available.
- Two bedroom, one bathroom: available for two people as single rooms.
- Three bedroom, two bathroom: available for three people as single rooms.
How to Apply
Please visit our Housing Selection website for additional details on the process.
Private semester leases are available at CCA for fall 2020, please review Pitzer’s COVID-19 page for more details.
Pitzer @ CCA Policies and Agreements
Policies and Logistics
- As a Pitzer student living at CCA, you are required to abide by the same policies as students living in the residence halls. These policies are outlined in the Student Handbook.
- Apartment costs will be charged directly to your Pitzer student account. You will not need to contract with CCA directly.
- Pitzer CCA residents have the responsibility to review all logistical materials provided by Pitzer Residence Life.
- Pitzer CCA residents are required to be on the 5, 12, or 16 meal plan.
- Students at CCA are not eligible for room change week and have committed to their housing placement at CCA for the applicable academic year or summer.
- All CCA residents agree to partake in the community meetings, community agreement process, and apartment agreement process facilitated by the CCA Resident Assistant.
- Students at CCA are welcome to stay during the winter break period.
- Lockouts will be done by CCA staff.
- Pitzer CCA residents are responsible for their own transportation between CCA and Pitzer College. Additional transportation options can be found: https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/residence-life/pitzer-housing-claremont-collegiate-apartments/
- Laundry machines at CCA take debit/credit cards and do not take Claremont Cash.
- The computer/printer area in CCA does not take Pitzer print credit.
- Pitzer will provide toilet paper and garbage/recycling cans in each room for Pitzer CCA residents.
- Limited cleaning supplies/vacuum cleaner can be checked out at the CCA front desk.
- Pitzer CCA residents are responsible for providing cookware or dishware for the apartment kitchens.
- CCA provided furniture includes bed frames and mattresses, a chest of drawers in each bedroom, and a small kitchen table with chairs. Provided furniture may vary due to lay out. CCA will not remove any furniture from the apartments.