Support & Resources surrounding Derek Chauvin Trial
Monsour Counseling & Psychological Services Support Sessions. If you are a student interested in joining us for one of the support sessions, please email us at Fiona.Vajk@claremont.edu, and you will be provided with the zoom link.
- Tues 4/20 – 4 PM Pacific
- Wed 4/21 – 4 PM Pacific
- Thur 4/22 – 4 PM Pacific
- Fri 4/23 – 4 PM Pacific
- Talk about it – discussing your feelings with friends and loved ones can help you feel less alone. Of course, use your judgment about who is likely to be supportive. When you are feeling vulnerable or stressed, it is generally not a good time to engage with those who are likely to invalidate your experiences or feelings.
- Get regular sleep, as well as “down-time” to rest and recuperate.
- Strive to get some form of physical exercise and eat in a balanced and healthy way. Treat your body with extra kindness.
- Practice deep breathing or other forms of relaxation.
- Pay attention to how news sources and social media may be impacting you. Balance staying informed with taking intentional breaks as needed.
Mental Health Support
Crisis support via telephone is available to all students, 24/7. To access this service, please call us at 909-621-8202, and press “1” to be connected to an on-call therapist. The on-call therapist will also be able to assist you in finding a local referral in your area, if you would like one.
Students at The Claremont Colleges also now have access to Campus Health, which provides 24/7 on-demand medical and mental telehealth care for all students, at no charge. To get started, visit 7C.Health and connect via your campus SSO login. Both telephone support and 7C.Health will continue to be available to students throughout the summer break.
Students with SHIP (Aetna) medical insurance can also access tele-medicine appointments, including behavioral health appointments:
Additional Support Services
- National Hotlines: 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) and 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Didi Hirsch 24-hour Crisis Line: 1-877-727-4747 (for Spanish, dial 1-800-628-9454)
- LGBTQ – The Trevor Lifeline: 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Crisis Line: 1-877-565-8860
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741-741
- Students of Color Crisis Text Line: Text STEVE to 741-741