In addition to Student Senate’s yearly budget, students and organizations may request funding from Budget Committee throughout the academic year. All meetings are in GSC 200 at 6 pm or via Zoom. Please note that any requests not submitted within the 48 hour window will not be heard, and any approved requests will not be honored following the 21 day period.
Getting Approved for Funding
Please follow the steps below to access funding through Budget Committee:
- Submit a request form: use the form linked below to submit a request at least 48 hours prior to the meeting (Friday at 6 pm). If you submit it late or cannot attend the upcoming meeting, you can simply show up at a later meeting without having to submit another request (providing it is within the same semester). Requests can be submitted from an individual or on behalf of a Pitzer or 5C organization.
- Please note that Budget Committee does not fund money for events; all requests should go to the Pitzer Events Board.
- For individual requests, the maximum amount that Budget Committee can fund a student is $300 per academic year.
- Attend a meeting: Budget Committee meetings are held every Sunday while school is in session in GSC 200 or via Zoom (link can be found on the request form and attendance notice). Meetings start at 6 pm, and requests are heard in order of submission. After all requests are heard, the committee moves into a closed session to discuss and vote upon all requests heard.
- Hear back: within 24 hours of the meeting, the Treasurers will email each student with the decision of Budget Committee. Please note that all decisions are final and will not be reconsidered.
- Access funding: Budget Committee only approves funding to be spent, but does not immediately give students funds. For instructions on how to access approved funding, please see here. Every approved request expires after 21 days following its approval; after this time frame, unused funding will be re-distributed by Budget Committee. Terms for misuse and sanctions can be found in the Budget Bylaws.
Below are important dates for the 60th Session (2023-2024 Academic Year):
Dates coming soon
Budget Committee Members
The Budget Committee is composed of 8 members: the Vice President of Finance, the Treasurer, and the 4 class representatives, the International Representative, and the Identity Board Chair. The permanent members of Budget Committee for the 60th Session are listed below:
- Lila Feldmann, Vice President of Finance
- Ella Hale, Treasurer
- Alex Maynard, Senior Class Representative
- Sara Kimura, Junior Class Representative
- Isa Iqbal, Sophomore Class Representative
- Marilynn Su, First Year Representative
- Gulnaz Amanzholova, International Representative
- Johanna Mandujano, Identity Board Chair