Find out how you can get involved today! This list of volunteer opportunities are updated weekly! If you are a community partner and are interested in being featured on our newsletter or would like us to share volunteer opportunities, please complete our Partner Outreach Form.
L.A.Works | Spring Greening at Rowan Elementary | Saturday, March 25th, 2023
- Event Volunteer | 9am-1pm | L.A. Works is seeking 50 volunteers for assembling planter boxes, planting and digging at Rowan Elementary School. Click here for more details!
- Location | Rowan Elementary School | 600 S Rowan Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90023
Carlos Goytia for California State Assembly 53
- Political Campaign Internship | Seeking 15-20 bright, energetic individuals to work for field and campaign operation. Internships are unpaid. Internships are unpaid and responsibilities include: recruiting and training volunteers to participate in the political process, learn canvassing skills including operating canvassing software, targeting voters with multiple points of contact including voting verification, attend party specific events to include: Debates, neighborhood meetings, fundraisers, research and scheduling for voter outreach – neighborhood associations, HOA’s, community events for tabling. Full training and coaching will be provided by experienced campaign staffers. Each intern should expect to help build our volunteer base. Interns will gain first-hand experience and exposure to political campaigning at the local level and will leave the campaign having made lasting connections and learning lifelong skills
- Commitment to work a minimum of 5 hours a week, maximum of 12 hours per week.
- Ideal candidates should be highly organized, reliable, prompt, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- An interest in politics and political campaigns in highly desired.
- Active social media presence – representing our campaign online professionally and courteously.
- Willingness to learn voter databases and systems.
- Willingness to communicate directly with voters through phone and door to door contact, always keeping in mind you are a representative of the campaign.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Contact: Any interested candidate should send a resume, letter of interest and two references to Melissa May at [email protected]. Email subject should be titled “Goytia Campaign Internship”.
Pomona Economic Opportunity Center (start by March 3rd/ Bilingual)
- ESL Tutors | 1-2 volunteers | will be working with the day labors on ESL
- Media Interns |1-2 volunteers | support Encuentros with social media posting.
Promise Scholars | Golf Tournament | Friday, April 7th, 2023
- Volunteers | 6am-3:30pm | Promise Scholars is seeking volunteers for their fundraising Golf Tournament. These volunteers would help with registration, serve as game monitors, sell opportunity drawing tickets, and distribute snacks/water to the tournament participants
- Location | Los Serranos Golf Club | 15656 Yorba Ave, Chino Hills, CA 91709
- Tutors| Monday- Friday 8am-3pm | K-12th grade students in Pomona Unified School District
- Tutors | Elementary- school children in the Claremont Unified School District. Contact [email protected] for details
For questions related to internships and partner connections please contact [email protected].