Find out about how you can get involved, right now, using the links below! We wil regularly update this page with opportunities as they come! If you are interested or in volunteering please fill out the Volunteer Interest Form below. For information Clearance Forms, Ethics and Orientation Training materials and additional community engagement resources, please visit the Important Forms and Materials button.
Social Media Opportunities
- Social Media Assistant ( Social Media Content)- Huerta is looking for an individual to create and maintain social media content for outreach
- Storytelling Campaign Assistant- Student will work closely with Huerta to interview all individuals involved with Huerta. The goal for this project is to crate a video/ Podcast to collect life changing experiences that students, community members ,and staff have had while at the garden.
- Civic Engagement Assistant- Social media outreach for elections and political organizing.
- Social Media Assistant– Social media outreach for census.
- Program Assistant- Video Campaign for Promise Scholars– Promise Scholars is looking a Pitzer student who is interested in creating a collaborative video about the college experience. This student will collect 1 minute videos from other Pitzer students across campus and will combine them to create a 30 minute to 1 hour long video which will be shared with students in the Promise Scholar program. The ideal candidate will be proficient in video and audio editing.
Tutoring and Mentoring and College Access Opportunities
- Tutors– Pomona Public Library is looking for tutors to help with their youth program, remotely.
- Tutor Lead– The tutor lead will help CEC staff coordinate Pomona Public Library tutors
- Tutor– Tutors for a Cause is a club that provides tutoring and mentoring for staff and faculty children. This club is still active and seeking volunteers for this semester. Please email Aaron Scher for more information.
The People’s Pitzer/Civic Engagement Opportunities
- Sign Up to Become a Poll Worker- Election workers are essential to ensuring that elections are a success. With each election, millions of Americans dedicate themselves to sustaining the backbone of democracy – our election process. EAC encourages those interested in becoming election workers at the polls on election day to learn more about what is required and how to sign up to work with your local election official. – website
- Power the Polls- As coronavirus continues to impact Americans across the country, we are also seeing a staggering decrease in poll workers — which could mean closed polling places and long delays for elections in 2020. You can help make sure we have a safe, fair, efficient election for all voters, and potentially get paid to do it.- website