Find out how you can get involved today! This list of volunteer opportunities are updated weekly!
Lopez Urban Farm
- Farm Volunteer | NO MAX | In person | Sept 24th (only one day!) | Lopez Urban Farm is an oasis in Pomona that focuses on food access, community education and urban green space. They are seeking volunteers to help them transition the farm from the summer growing season to fall. This is a one day event! Please complete their volunteer form if you are interested! Volunteer Form: www.lopezurbanfarm.com/volunteer. For additional questions please contact: [email protected]
Claremont After School Programs (CLASP)- IMMEDIATE
- CLASP Paid Student Coordinator | 1 position | Hybrid (mostly virtual) | In need of an intern to host a tutor site, place students/tutors in breakout rooms, and monitor the rooms for technical and homework assistance. Beginning ASAP.
- Tutors | TBD | Hybrid | Searching for in-person tutors for Mondays at 3:15pm-4:30pm and Wednesdays at 1:30pm-2:45pm.
Uncommon Good- IMMEDIATE
- Media Internship | 2 positions | Hybrid | Intern will help maintain social media presence on facebook and instagram, particularly interaction with the 5Cs and 5C students on social media, website updates, assistance with general photography/videography at events, creation of promotional videos about Uncommon Good, and identification of grant/funding opportunities. Additionally, spotlight videos focusing on alum/volunteers are needed. Interns will teach media skills and literacy to students, update promotional materials, attend events to photograph and/or record, and possibly create a Tik Tok presence for Uncommon Good. 10-20 hours per week but flexible depending on events and student availability. *Most events are on evenings or weekends, availability during those times is required* Starts ASAP.
- 5C Volunteer Specialist Intern | 1 position | Hybrid | In need of a student intern to help support 5C volunteers with Uncommon Good.
- Student Leadership Position | 1-2 positions | In-person | In need of a student to lead the group this year. This is a paid position.
Pomona Economic Opportunity Center (PEOC)
- Media Internship | 1-2 positions | Virtual | In need of media intern to help with flyers and social media *spanish required*.
- Media Internship | 1-2 positions | Hybrid | Searching for media interns to assist with photography, social media, and possible film support.
National Lawyers Guild
- Legal Observer | no max | TBD | In need of volunteers to document law enforcement activity at collective actions.
- Data Analyst | 1-2 positions | Virtual | In need of volunteers to work with data from the Superior Court System.
- Story Collector for Street Vendor Advocacy | 2 positions/as needed basis | In person | In need of volunteers to interview street vendors in Santa Monica documenting violence and issues with police. Great for bilingual volunteers with transportation.
- Media Internship | 1-2 positions | Virtual | In need of volunteers with Canva experience for making guides/information more exciting/presentable.
Just San Bernardino
- Media Internship | 3+ positions | Hybrid | Interns will assist in creating social media graphics that explain the People’s Plan for Economic Inclusion and implementation of the plan. They will help document events led by Community Based Organizations who make up the Just SB collaborative in the form of photos, video and audio. They may assist in drafting blogs and media advisories, help with CRM management for newsletters and other community outreach. Interns may be asked to join various coalitions and committees if needed. Spanish is preferred. 5-20 hrs per week. Start dates: Sept 5th or 12th, 2022.
Prison Library Project
- Book Collection Volunteer | 10 positions | In-person | In need of volunteers to catalog and inventory books, read letters from prisoners, find and pull the books, and prepare shipments to the prisoners.
- Programming Interns | groups of 3-4 students | Hybrid | In need of volunteers to develop and implement class programming around topics such as mindfulness, relaxation, and arts *bilingual students needed*
Pitzer Justice Education- IMMEDIATE
- Media Internship | 1 position | Hybrid | The media intern works with the Justice Education Initiative to update our organization’s website and social media platforms. This includes weekly updates of justice-related events across the Claremont Consortium, photographing events to post on social media and creating content for our website and social media platforms. This is a 5-7 hour per week position. Start date: Sept 6th.
The Frontline Observer-IMMEDIATE
- Media Internship | 2 positions | Hybrid | The Frontline Observer is a news outlet covering the voices of ‘frontline’ communities – people hit hardest by the climate crisis and environmental injustice. We are seeking media interns able to search and assemble news stories and deliver them to audiences through platforms and mediums, including web, social media and email. Interns are required to abide by the principles of journalism — objectivity, fairness, accuracy, ethics and persistence. The internship program demonstrates how critical thinking and creative skills can help grow a community-based news platform and give the community-at-large important information. This approach demonstrates to students that their skills can be used for in-depth journalism highlighting environmental issues and informing audiences about on-going advocacy. Hours per week: 10-15. Job Roles and Responsibilities: collect, verify and analyze newsworthy information, write and deliver news stories, contact, interview and research sources, develop photographs and produce infographics, meet with editor/publisher to discuss news assignments and responsibilities. The internship runs from September 12, 2022 to December 16, 2022. Spanish is preferred.
Huerta del Valle
- Remote Engagement at Educational Center | TBD | Virtual | Data analysis, preparing marketing materials, media materials, grant writing, researching foundations and grants.
- Farming at Ontario Garden | TBD | In -person | In need of volunteers to assist with in-person farming at the Ontario site.
Inland Empire Immigrant Youth Coalition (IEIYC)
- Outreach Volunteer | TBD | TBD | In need of outreach volunteers for publicizing workshops and events.
- Meal Prep Volunteer | No Max | In-person | In need of groups to prepare, deliver, and serve homemade meals to people experiencing houselessness.
- Program Volunteers | 1-2 positions | In-person | Desire students who have interest in working with young people with neuro-motor impairments.
Child Youth and Family Collaborative (CYFC)
- Tutors/ Mentors | About 20 positions | In-person | In need of tutors/mentors for foster youth. (we should specify)
Pomona Public Library Foundation (PPFL) Homework Club
- Tutors | No Max | In-person | In need of students for in-person K-8 tutoring.
For questions related to internships and partner connections please contact [email protected]