Clearance is required usually for students working any protected populations such as: minors, elderly, people with disabilities, people who are incarcerated. If you are not working with these populations your students will not need clearance. Typical clearance requirements include:
- Proof of a negative TB test result
- LiveScan (fingerprinting background check)
If you are required to take a TB test by your partner organization, please follow these instructions:
- Go to Student Health Services (SHS) and request a TB test.
- Provide proof of negative TB to partner, professor, and CEC.
- Upload your Negative TB Test results which will be shared with your partner upon request.
If you are required to be cleared by your partner organization, please follow these instructions. If for any reason you are unable to complete a LiveScan clearance, please contact [email protected] immediately:
- Complete a LiveScan Form: LiveScan Request Form (if your partner requires you to use their form that’s fine)
- Students are required to fill out their personal information:
- First name, Last name, and Middle name (if applicable)
- Citizenship information
- Social Security Number
- Residence Information
- Failure to complete all the information required may result in delays in clearance.
- Once this form is complete students will take this form, along with their state-issued ID or passport to Campus Safety or anywhere that offers LiveScan services.
- Your results will be delivered to the agency indicated on your form (Campus Safety or your partner organization).
- If your results went to Campus Safety, the CEC will be able to send a list to your faculty member.
- If your results went to your community partner, you will need to follow up with your partner to make sure you have been cleared.
On Campus LiveScan:
- Campus Safety | Pendleton Business Building | 150 E 8th Street, Claremont, CA | Cindy Cahill (APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
Off Campus LiveScan:
- Claremont Police Department | 207 Harvard Ave, Claremont, CA | 909.399.5460 (APPOINTMENTS ONLY)
- The UPS Store | 2209 E. Baseline Rd, Suite 300, Claremont, CA | 909.920.5012 (WALK-INS ACCEPTED)
You DO NOT need to include the OCA or Billing Account on your form. For questions related to clearance, please contact the [email protected]