- Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 | Ethics and Orientation ONLINE TRAINING DEADLINE
- Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 | Student Intake Form DEADLINE
- Monday, February 6th, 2023 | Newman Civic Fellowship- NOMINATION DEADLINE
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT TIP
Welcome back students! This is just a quick, time sensitive reminder for all those participating in community engagement either through a class, or volunteer opportunity! Before heading off campus and on site, complete the following
- Watch our Ethics and Orientation Training: https://youtu.be/CQhWlyXbj48
- Complete our Ethics and Orientation Training quiz:https://forms.gle/fQf6YYAyGdkp9fuZ7
- Complete our Student Intake Form (this is required every semester you are participating in community engagement): https://pitzer.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8340mgFsEw9lRiu
If your class is working with a protected community (minors, elderly, individuals with disabilities, those who are incarcerated) you may be required to get additional clearance.
- If you are required to get a LiveScan, you can make an appointment with Cindy Cahill, [email protected] in Campus Safety.
- If you are required to get a TB test, make an appointment with SHS for quick and low cost testing, and upload your NEGATIVE TB result here: https://bit.ly/3WN2cvn.
For any questions related to LiveScan/TB clearance, please visit our website, or contact our office: [email protected].
Are you a community partner/ organization looking for volunteers or support? Would you like to be featured in our weekly newsletters, website and social media?
Complete our Partner Outreach Form for support and volunteer needs and to be featured on our weekly newsletter, website and social media, complete our Partner Feature Form. You can fill these forms out at any time of the semester!
For questions related to internships and partner connections please contact [email protected]
Promise Scholars | Friday, March 3rd, 2023
- Tour Guides | 10 students | 9am-10:30am- seeking students interested in being tour guides for the Promise Scholars tour field trip to Pitzer. Must be available for the entire time of tour.
- Panelist | 4 students | 10:30am-12:00pm- seeking students to be part of the Promise Scholars tour field trip. Must be an Ontario- Montclair School District Alum, First Gen or Spanish speaking student.
- If you are interested in any of these, please contact [email protected].
To see more engagement opportunities, check our Volunteer Opportunities Database.
CEC STUDENT AWARDS
Kallick Community Engagement Award
Open to all PZ students
Application Open: Monday, February 27th, 22023
Deadline : Monday, April 10th, 2023
Award Status Notifications: Friday, April 14th, 2023
Open to all PZ students who’ve completed 100+ hours of community engagement work over the course of the current academic year.
KALLICK APPLICATION : https://forms.gle/737GKDDuXPkrcRWLA
Newman Civic Fellowship 2023-2024
Open to all PZ students
Deadline : Monday, February 6th, 2023
Non Monetary Award
The Newman Civic Fellowship is a year-long program that recognizes and supports student public problem solvers at Campus Compact member institutions. Fellows are nominated by their president or chancellor based on their potential for public leadership and their work with communities. Throughout the fellowship year, Campus Compact provides students with opportunities to nurture their assets and help them develop strategies for social change—creating a network of connected and engaged student leaders who can support one another in making positive change.
NEWMAN CIVIC FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION : https://forms.gle/PaNCLtSQwUChoxqR6
For more information about these awards, you can visit our Awards and Fellowships page.
CEC FACULTY AWARDS
CEC Course Enhancement Awards (CEA)
Deadline : Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
9 Awards/ $500 Available per course
The CEA (Course Enhancement Awards) is available at the beginning of each semester to all faculty teaching an SRX course or non SRX that has a community engagement component. This award for $500 help with materials, guest speakers, evenst, and transportation needs. If you are interested in applying for the CEA please submit all applications by the deadline.
CEA APPLICATION : https://forms.gle/P6wjr6kF2vesKJgJA
FUNDING AND RESOURCES
Community Engagement Transportation Funds | Spring Deadline | Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023 (Students)
The CEC has transportation funds allocated for students doing community engagement-related travel either for a course or on their own. Students are allotted $200 each semester. Requests are accepted on a rolling basis and are due no later than two weeks after the end of each semester.
Community Engagement Clearance/Livescan/TB Funds | Spring Deadline | Tuesday, May 23rd, 2023 (Students)
The CEC has clearance funds allocated for students doing community engagement-related travel either for a course or on their own. Requests are accepted on a rolling basis and are due no later than two weeks after the end of each semester.
Partner Funding Request | $1250 Available | (Community Partners)
Applicants may request funds to be used towards projects, events, initiatives. Funds will be accessible through reimbursement, direct payments to vendors unless otherwise requested. Max request of $250.
Translation Funding Request | $1500 Available | (Students/Faculty/Community Partners)
If you are in need of translation or interpretation services, complete the form linked below. We have limited funds available for theses, so they will be distributed on a first come first serve basis. Please contact Ari Wood, [email protected] for more information
For any questions related to funding and awards please contact [email protected].
For more information about the CEC please visit our website at https://www.pitzer.edu/cec/ or follow us on IG @pitzercec.
Community Engagement Center
1050 N Mills Ave, Scott Hall 108, Claremont, CA 91711
909.607.8183 | [email protected]