Independent Research Areas
Theater and Dance
Vulnerable Children and Orphans
Botswana Independent Study Project Titles
- Ditholwana and Traditional Dance in Botswana
- Press Freedom
- The Citizen Entrepreneurial Development Agency: Building Business People in Maun, Botswana
- Reggae Music and Political Expression
- 3P Productions and Botswana’s 40 Years of Independence
- Understanding the Limitations of Building and Consolidating the Botswana Federation of Trade Unions
- SAPSSI Activities and Boitumelo Mo Nageng Kids Camps for Orphans and Vulnerable Children: An in-Depth
- Reflection of Activities and Experiences
- The Youth Health Organization: Sharing Experiences
- Interning with the Youth Health Organization (YOHO), on Tour with the Dzalabana Bosole Arts Festival
- From Cattle to Carcass Meal: An analysis of Procedures at the BMC lobatse Abattoir.
- Healing HIV/AIDS in Setswana Culture: Four Case Studies.
- Perceptions of Traditional Medicine in Botswana.
- Art and Identity: The effects of globalisation on oppressed communities as reflected through their art.
- Odi Weavers: A Community Overcoming the Odds.
- Bogale: Appreciating the Segaba.
- Unspoken Language: A Closer Look at African Dance.
- Legkoa Journalism: My life as a Botswana Gazette Writer.
- Environmental Conservation in Botswana:The Role of an NGO
- The Lentswe la Oodi Producers Co-op
- Water: The Other Diamond of Botswana, A Study of Water Conservation
- The Revelation of AIDS in Botswana: BONAMODI
- Botlhale Jwa Phala Youth
- Botswana Power Corporation Workers Union: A historical analysis
- Internship at the Kalahari Conservation Society
- Decolonizing the Mind: The Case of Botswana
- The Diphalana Continuing Education Project
- Avoiding the Gallows: A Controversy over Capital Punishment in Botswana
- Traditional Song and Dance of Botswana
- House of Hope: A Community’s Response to the Impacts of HIV/AIDS
- The Legacy of Segametsi Mogomotsi
- Ditshwanelo, The Botswana Centre for Human Rights
- Internship with Women and Law in Southern Africa, Gaborone, Botswana: Struggles of LifeLine Botswana
- My Month in Gabane Pottery
- The Effects of Seed Age, Seed Size and Soil Composition on the Germination and Initial Seedling Growth on Colophospermum mopane.
- Oranges and Bananas and Mangoes (Oh My): Chobe farms and the Challenges of Agriculture in Northern Botswana.
- This is a research on challenges of commercial farming in Botswana using Chobe farms as a case study.
- Grey Matters and Living with Elephants
- Cohabitation in Botswana: The need for legislation.
- The Utilization of Traditional Vs. Modern Medicine: A Comparison of Urban and Rural Botswana.
- The Land Board as a Equalizing Institution: The Ngwato Land Board Case Study.
- Lesbians, Gays, and Bisexuals of Botswana (LeGaBiBo)
- Youth Popular Theater as a Community Education Tool in Botswana: Ghetto Artists Case Study.
- My Internship at The Botswana
- Traditional Egalitarianism: The Study of the Legal History of Rape.
- Traditional Dance in Modern Botswana Society
- Plastic Recycling: An Internship with Somarelang Tikologo and a look at urban environmental education in Botswana.
- Art as a Process for Cultural Identity and Critical Thinking
- Cultural Identity in a Changing Society: A Study of Traditional Songs of the Bangwaketse.
- Apprenticeship with Mogwana Traditional Dance Group: Traditional Dance in the Context of Botswana
- Mmegi: Investigative Reporting for the People.
- An internship with Botswana’s largest circulated newspaper and the role of print media in Botswana.
- The Attitude of Maun Residents Towards Maun Wildlife Education Park (MWEP)
- Home Based Care in Botswana and The Holy Cross Hospice: Their Relevance and Contribution in the HIV/AIDS Epidemic
- The Social Needs in Botswana’s Preschools
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Taking a look at what it is like working and planning in Gaborone.
- Access to Justice and The Criminality of Homosexuality in Botswana: The Case of Utjiwa Kanane.
- The Evolution of Drumming
- Refugees in Botswana: Stories, Frustrations, and Insights from Dukwi Refugee Camp.
- The Social Impacts of Elephants in Gidikwa: The Relationship Between the People and the Pachyderms.
- Surface Water Quality of Tamalakane River Maun, Botswana.
- The Thapong Experience.
- Basket-Weaving in Botswana: Still Really Something.
- The History of Printmaking in Africa and My Experience at Marothodi Ltd.
- Understanding Empowerment: Internship with Permaculture Trust of Botswana.
- Traditional Medicine in Botswana: The Past or the Future?
- Education as a Means of Socialization: Primary Education in Botswana.
- Trust for the Okavango Cultural and Development Initiatives: A Study in Grassroots Development – Itsoseng
- Bomme Basket Weavers Evaluative Report.
- Unification and Diversification of Music from An Untraditional Perspective in Botswana.
- Problem Animal Control and Moremi Game Reserve: A Case Study from the Perspective of a Wildlife Officer.
- My Life in the Bush: Large Carnivore Research with African Wildlife Foundation.
- SOS Kindergarten, Francistown, Botswana
- Care and Prevention go Hand in Hand: Botswana’s National Response to HIV/AIDS.
- The Centre for Strategic Studies: Helping Democracy Find a Place in the World of Defense and Security.
- The N/oakwe on the Road to Development.
- Mmino wa Setswana: Traditional Dance in Botswana.
- Thari Ya Sechaba: Traditional Midwives and Gaborone Birth Culture In the Age of AIDS
- The Risk and Resilience of San Peoples in Western Botswana: Working with the Kuru Family of Organizations