How to Apply for Non-Pitzer Students

We appreciate your interest our Pitzer College study abroad programs and look forward to working with you. A semester or a year abroad can be an enriching educational and cultural experience. Pitzer College study abroad alums have used the knowledge and skills learned abroad as the basis for senior thesis, grant proposals, and careers.


Fall and Spring Semester Application Due Dates

Pitzer accepts semester program applications during the rolling admissions dates listed below for non-Pitzer students only. Notification of acceptance is generally sent out within three to four weeks of receiving a complete application and supporting materials. If a program is not full, we may consider late applications.

Rolling Admissions Dates
Spring programs: April 1 to October 15
Fall programs: December 1 to April 1

Pitzer in Botswana
Pitzer in Costa Rica
Pitzer in Ecuador

Pitzer in Italy
Pitzer in Nepal
Southern Africa Program – beginning fall 2019

<button type=”button” class=”btn btn-primary” onclick=”location.href=’;Program_ID=17930′”>Apply Now</button>

Summer programs Application Due Dates

2019 Pitzer in Costa Rica Summer Health – open to Claremont Colleges students only
November 15, 2018

2019 Pitzer in Vietnam – open to Claremont Colleges students only
November 15, 2018

2019 Pitzer in Brazil
February 15, 2019

Planning Ahead

Here are some helpful tips to streamline the application process:
Students cannot leave the United States without a passport and some countries require students to have visas. If you do not already have one or if your current passport will expire fewer than 6 months after the end of your program, apply or renew now. For information on obtaining a US passport visit Students should read the Passport and Visa Information provided as part of the Pitzer College Study Abroad Application.

Visit the study abroad or international programs office at your school. You must often meet internal deadlines at your school to be eligible to receive credit for a study abroad program. Your faculty adviser or study abroad adviser must sign the Course Pre-Registration and Approval Form.

An official transcript is required for the application. Request that an official copy from your registrar be sent to:

Office of Study Abroad and International Programs
Pitzer College, Box A-109
1050 N. Mills Avenue
Claremont, CA 91711

Many schools allow you to apply your financial aid funds to a study abroad program. Check with your study abroad office or your financial aid office for specifics.

Academic Credit

A Pitzer semester abroad is generally equivalent in terms of credit earned to a semester at a U.S. college or university with four courses (16 semester units; 24 quarter units) being the normal award for a semester’s work. Before choosing to participate, you should understand your home campus policy for awarding credit and translating grades from a Pitzer study abroad program.

Upon completion of the program, grades will be submitted to the Pitzer College Office of the Registrar, where they will be recorded on an official Pitzer transcript and sent to your home campus. Transcripts are generally available two to three months after the program ends.

Contact Us

If you have any questions about the Pitzer College programs, do not hesitate to contact us. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the application process, program logistics or preparation advice. If you would like to speak with a student who has completed a program, we can provide an email address for you to contact a student to learn more.