Living in Pitzer
Claremont Colleges Clubs & Organizations
- There are almost fifty active clubs and student groups at Pitzer College. Recognized and funded by the Pitzer College Student Senate, our student organizations encompass a wide range of interests and welcome your participation. Access this link to visit the Student Senate website.
Living in Claremont
The City of Claremont is best known for its tree-lined streets, historic buildings and The Claremont Colleges — nationally and internationally renowned for their academic excellence. The center of Claremont is a strollable downtown area known as “The Village” where café tables dot the sidewalks, and shops invite browsing on tree-lined streets.
Daytime temperatures in Claremont vary from the low 50s to the low 100s, but evening temperatures are often considerably lower than in the daytime.
Dress on campus varies widely according to individual taste and mood, ranging from shorts and pants to dresses and skirts. It’s a good idea to bring at least one dressy outfit, because there are semi-formal events at least once or twice each semester.
Although driving is the most common and easiest way to get around, many students do not own cars and first-year students are not allowed to bring cars to campus, unless it poses a significant hardship.
- Bus System
- Dial-A-Ride, Taxis & Zipcars
Clothes, Shoes & Personal Care
Target and Walmart sell a wide variety of household goods ranging from clothes, shoes and personal care products to electronic items and furniture. Most stores open 7 days a week, open at 8:00 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.
School Supplies & Textbooks
Huntley Bookstore sells school supplies, snacks, and a large selection of books. It is open 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Local Shopping Centers
- Montclair Plaza is a large shopping center with many clothing, music, food, and specialty stores. It is located at Arrow Highway and Monte Vista Avenue. You will need to take a car, taxi, or bus.
- Ontario Mills Mall is one of the largest indoor malls in America and features hundreds of designer and discount stores. The mall is located at Milliken Avenue, just north of the junction of the 10 and 15 Freeways. You will need to take a car, taxi, or bus.
- Victoria Gardens is a beautiful outdoor mall with abundant designer and discount stores and restaurants. To enjoy this popular shopping and eating venue, take I-210 East. Exit at Day Creek.