In addition to offering writing consultations, the Writing Center also supports faculty interested in testing new strategies for teaching writing in their courses or the major. You may contact the director if you are interested in:
- Developing meaningful writing assignments,
- Integrating drafting and peer review into classes,
- Using writing as a tool for learning,
- Commenting and grading practices,
- Teaching multilingual writers (domestic and international),
- Integrating and assessing writing purposefully in the major,
- Learning more about new approaches to teaching and assessing writing, particularly how they intersect with research on writing in the disciplines, first-year writing, inclusivity, and social justice.
The Writing Center also offers:
- Faculty Workshops in collaboration with the First-Year Seminar Program,
- Faculty Teaching Resources through the FYS Faculty Resource Site on Sakai,
- Publicity visits to your classroom introducing students to the Writing Center,
- Individual writing consultations for your students and advisees, and
- Student-focused Writing Workshops on academic genres and the writing process.
If you are interested in collaborating with the Writing Center, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.