Pitzer participates in the Tuition Exchange (TE) program which provides scholarship funds to the dependents of eligible faculty and staff at member schools across the world. TE scholarships are competitive and only a limited number of recipients are selected each fall.
- Must be the dependent of an eligible parent from a TE participating school.
- Must be an entering student (first-year or transfer). TE is not available to continuing students who were not awarded TE upon admission.
- Must submit the TE application by the application deadlines noted below. Students who submit TE applications past these deadlines will not be considered for the program.
- Must be seeking their first bachelor’s degree.
For the 2022-23 academic year, the TE scholarship was $40,000 for one academic year. The scholarship amount for TE is set yearly and may increase each year. Visit the TE website for more information.
How to Apply
Students who may be eligible for TE need to apply for admission to Pitzer, complete the TE application process* and apply for financial aid (if applicable) by our admission application deadlines.
- Early Decision 1: November 15
- Early Decision 2: January 5
- Regular Decision: January 5
- Fall Transfers/New Resources: April 1
- Spring Transfers: October 1
Tuition exchange is limited and all families seeking assistance are encouraged to apply for need-based financial aid. Use our Net Price Calculator and MyinTuition tools to help estimate financial aid eligibility.
*For questions regarding the TE application process, reach out to the TE contact at your parents’ home institution. Additional information is also available on the TE website.
Early Decision 1/Early Decision 2/Regular Decision applicants: TE applicants are selected during Pitzer’s Regular Decision application cycle and are notified no later than April 1. Early Decision applicants admitted to Pitzer prior to March will be considered for TE during the Regular Decision cycle.
Fall transfer applicants: TE applicants are selected during Pitzer’s Fall Transfer application cycle and are notified no later than May 15.
Spring transfer applicants: Spring transfers are not selected for TE during their application cycle. They are considered for TE in the Regular Decision cycle of the following year and are notified no later than April 1. Since TE recipients are selected in March, spring transfers will not know if they are selected for TE until after their first semester at Pitzer.
- For incoming first-year students, these scholarships are awarded for up to eight semesters or until graduation, whichever comes first.
- Transfer students who receive this scholarship for a pro-rated number of semesters based on the courses approved for transfer at the time of admission or until graduation, whichever comes first.
- Funding for summer terms is not available.
- TE scholarships are pro-rated for students enrolled half-time.
- Students enrolled less than half-time are not eligible for the scholarship during their half-time semester(s).
Scholarships are renewed each year and are dependent on continued parental benefit eligibility, maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Pitzer’s Office of Financial Aid (which includes having a minimum 2.0 GPA) and maintaining good conduct with the College.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does applying for TE impact whether I am admitted to Pitzer? No. The decision to admit a student is based on the student’s academic performance and demonstrated commitment to our core values.
I am applying as a fall transfer student, do I qualify for TE? Fall transfer applicants who submit their admission application, financial aid documents (if applicable) and TE application by our established deadlines are considered for TE and notified in May.
I am applying as a spring transfer student, do I qualify for TE? Spring transfer applicants who submit their admission application, financial aid documents (if applicable) and TE application by our established deadlines are considered for TE during the Regular Decision application cycle in March. Since TE recipients are selected in March, spring transfers will not know if they are selected for TE until after their first semester at Pitzer.
If I’m not selected as an entering student, can I reapply for TE the remaining years I’m at Pitzer? Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to consider returning/currently enrolled students for TE scholarships.
If I qualify for need-based financial aid, can I receive a TE scholarship in addition to my financial aid funds? It depends. Federal regulations require scholarship funds to be coordinated with need-based aid. In most cases, the TE scholarship is not awarded on top of need-based aid eligibility.
If I’m admitted and receive a TE scholarship, do I need to reapply for TE each year? No. Once admitted to Pitzer as a TE recipient, you do not need to reapply for TE so long as you continue to meet renewal criteria.