Transfer Applicants


ApplicationCommon App
$70 App Fee or Fee
Waiver Request
One Required
English Language TestRequired for Non-Native English Speakers


  • A transfer applicant must have earned a high school diploma or GED and completed one or more semesters or two or more quarters of college credit.
  • You can transfer a maximum of 64 semester units or 96 quarter units from a community college.
  • Transfer students should complete any first-year writing courses required at their current institution prior to enrollment at Pitzer.
  • Matriculated transfer students must complete at least two years of study at Pitzer in order to earn a Pitzer College degree.
  • If you are 23 years of age or older, consider applying to Pitzer as a New Resources student.


  • The Admission Committee will pay particular attention to work done in college courses.
  • Students transferring from two year colleges before completion of an Associates degree are strongly recommended to take courses from a broad range of subjects including the humanities, math, social science and science.
  • California community college students are encouraged to complete courses within the Inter-Segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC). Find out more about IGETC from the counseling center at your community college. The Pitzer Office of Admission can assistance in planning your course schedule.


Academic Recommendations

  • One recommendation from college professors (or teaching assistants) are required.
  • Recommendations should be submitted electronically through the Common Application website: Your recommender can submit their recommendation through the Common Application website or email/mail their recommendation to
  • All recommendation letters must be sent to our office directly by the recommender.

College Report

  • Download the College Report here or from the Common Application website
  • The Report should be completed by a college official with access to your full academic and disciplinary record (i.e. Dean, Advisor or Registrar). Not currently enrolled? The report should come from your most recently attended college or university.
  • The college official should email the completed report to or you may send it in to our office in a sealed envelope.

Official Transcripts

  • All colleges/universities you have attended must send an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Admission either by mail or to We recommend that you request your transcript from your institution at least four weeks in advance of the admission deadline to ensure it will arrive on time.
  • You must submit your high school transcript if you have completed less than 32 semester credits or 48 quarter credits by the time you submit your application. You may email an official copy of your high school transcript to

International Applicants

**For the 2020-21 application cycle, we will be accepting DuoLingo testing in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS to accommodate students affected by COVID-19. We will continue accepting TOEFL and IELTS scores as well.**

  • Pitzer requires the demonstration of English proficiency from students whose native language is not English.
  • This must be done by:
    • Submitting the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) IBT or ITP
    • Or submitting the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
    • Or submitting the DuoLingo (DET)**
    • Or submitting and being granted an English Language Test Waiver (Click here to find out more about the process)
  • In order to be considered for admission, students must submit official scores or be granted a waiver. For students who submit testing, a minimum score of 100 IBT, or 100 IPT, or 7 IELTS, or 125 DET** is required.
    • However, students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency are eligible for the International Scholars Program. Applicants must:
      • Achieve at least a 70 IBT, or 70 ITP, or 6.5 IELTS, or 100 DET**.
      • Or have submitted an English Language Test Waiver and been notified that they will be considered for admission through the International Scholars Program.
  • Pitzer can only accept the IELTS, the Internet Based Testing version of TOEFL, or the ITP version of TOEFL. Pitzer does not currently accept alternate tests of English proficiency (such as Duolingo (DET), paper-based TOEFL, etc.), but they may be included in your English Language Test Waiver to support your request.
  • For more information about applying as an international student, please click here.