- One recommendation from college professors (or teaching assistants) are required.
- Recommendations should be submitted electronically through the Common Application website: Your recommender can submit their recommendation through the Common Application website or email/mail their recommendation to [email protected].
- All recommendation letters must be sent to our office directly by the recommender.
- Download the College Report here or from the Common Application website
- The Report should be completed by a college official with access to your full academic and disciplinary record (i.e. Dean, Advisor or Registrar). Not currently enrolled? The report should come from your most recently attended college or university.
- The college official should email the completed report to [email protected] or you may send it in to our office in a sealed envelope.
- All colleges/universities you have attended must send an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Admission either by mail or to [email protected] We recommend that you request your transcript from your institution at least four weeks in advance of the admission deadline to ensure it will arrive on time.
- You must submit your high school transcript if you have completed less than 32 semester credits or 48 quarter credits by the time you submit your application. You may email an official copy of your high school transcript to
- Pitzer requires the demonstration of English proficiency from students whose native language is not English.
- This must be done by:
- Submitting the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) IBT or the IBT Special Home Edition
- Or submitting the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Or submitting the DuoLingo (DET)**
- Or submitting and being granted an English Language Test Waiver (Click here to find out more about the process)
- In order to be considered for regular admission, students must submit official scores or be granted a waiver. For students who submit testing, a minimum score of 106 IBT, 7.5 IELTS, or 135 DET
- Student with scores in the following range will be required to take a two course combination designed for international students in their first semester: 100-105 IBT, or 7 IELTS, or 130 DET**
- However, students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency are also eligible for admission to Pitzer College through the International Scholars Program. Applicants must:
- Achieve at least a 70 IBT, or 6.5 IELTS, or 115 DET.
- Or have submitted an English Language Test Waiver and been notified that they will be considered for admission through the International Scholars Program.
- Pitzer can only accept the IELTS, the Internet Based Testing version of TOEFL, the Internet Based Testing Special Home Edition of TOEFL, or the DuoLingo (DET). Pitzer does not currently accept alternate tests of English proficiency (paper-based TOEFL, etc.), but they may be included in your English Language Test Waiver to support your request.
- For more information about applying as an international student, please click here.
**For the 2022-23 application cycle, we will be accepting DuoLingo testing in lieu of TOEFL or IELTS to accommodate students affected by COVID-19. We will continue accepting TOEFL and IELTS scores as well.**