IELTS, TOEFL, or DET Results
- Pitzer requires the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) from students whose native language is not English.
- If required, a minimum score of 95 IBT or 7 IELTS is required for regular admission. Students must submit official scores for consideration. Students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency, and who have achieved at least a 70 IBT or 6.5 IELTS are eligible for the International Scholars Program.
- Students who have studied in an English-speaking curriculum for 4 or more years may apply for a testing waiver. Click here to find out how to request Pitzer’s English Language Test Waiver. Only waiver requests from applicants will be reviewed.
International Scholars Program
- Students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency and who have achieved at least a 6.5 IELTS, 70 IBT, or 40 DET are eligible for the International Scholars Program.
International applicants can arrange the optional admission interview two different ways.
- On-campus or Skype interviews with the Pitzer admission staff.
- Through InitialView. Your interview will be conducted by InitialView and evaluated by a Pitzer Admission staff member. Please note:
- Do not sign up for an InitialView interview if you have already completed/plan to complete an on-campus interview or if you are an international student living and attending high school in the United States.
- Your InitialView interviewer will not be able to answer your questions about Pitzer.