All students requesting Summer Housing must submit a Summer Housing Application.
Summer Housing Application
Summer Housing Checkout Form
The summer housing application deadline has been extended to Wednesday, May 1st, 2019 at 5:00pm. Please note that rooms are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis and fill up quickly.
- If you are NOT ENROLLED in a Pitzer Summer course, you must submit a letter from a Pitzer faculty or staff member indication that you will be working for, or doing academic work with them this summer and the duration of that activity.
- The letter should be written on letterhead and include the following information:
- Contact information for the staff/faculty member overseeing the work you will be doing
- Brief description of work being done
- Start date and end date of work
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and Application
Summer session students are not required to live on campus.
- Pitzer College offers on-campus summer housing through the Office of Student Affairs. Housing is open to Pitzer College students, graduates, students enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, and all Claremont College students working with 7C faculty and/or staff.
- Student Affairs staff will be available during the summer to offer a range of academic and residential support services. Some services will be limited and the College’s comprehensive residence life program will not be in effect during the summer.
- You must be working at Pitzer, doing coursework, an internship (endorsed by a Pitzer staff or faculty), research with faculty, or engaged in approved activities on campus during the summer to qualify for housing. Documentation from a staff or faculty member (that includes dates of your work) to confirm participation is required of all applicants (unless you are enrolled in a Summer Session course).
- Only a limited number of rooms are available and are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Make your reservation early.
- Rooms may be rented on a weekly basis.
- Students are required to vacate their summer room within 48 hours after their last course or last commitment to their faculty, staff, job, or internship.
Program Dates & Transitioning to Summer Housing
- Housing is available starting Sunday, May 19, 2019 for Pitzer Students.
- If you are a Pitzer student currently living on campus, you will be given permission to stay in your current room until your summer room is ready.
- Summer rooms are typically ready for move-in the first weekend, May 24-26. Students will checkout of their spring rooms and into their summer rooms during this weekend.
- Housing for Claremont College students (and students coming from non-CUC colleges) will be available starting Friday, May 24, 2019.
- Please be aware that Claremont College students will need to request housing at their HOME campus until Pitzer Summer housing becomes available later in the week. A member of the Residence Life staff will contact individuals who may need to make this request after all applications are reviewed during the second week of May.
- Students coming from non-CUC colleges should contact email@example.com to see what other accommodations could be arranged during this transition period and, if on campus housing is available, what additional charges would be assessed.
- If you are enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, you may only live in summer housing until your classes end, unless you are continuing with another approved activity on campus. If you would like to transition to your Fall assigned space after your classes end, you have the option to do so if space permits. If you decide to do this, you will be charged the normal weekly rate.
Location of Summer Housing
The location of Summer Housing has not yet been decided.
The Claremont Colleges do not enforce parking permits during the summer months. Students are welcome to bring cars and park them in the East Mesa Parking Lot during the summer. Even though there are no parking permits in the summer, we still highly encourage students to register their vehicle with Campus Safety so they have your car information on file in case of any issues. Simply call Campus Safety to register your vehicle.
- Single room: $170 per week per person
- Summer housing charges are due at check in and may be paid in full or in weekly installments. If you are a NON-Pitzer student, only checks are accepted as a form of payment. If you are a Pitzer student, you may charge summer housing to your student account. If you would like to charge your summer housing to your student account, please indicate so on your housing application.
Kitchen and Dining Options
- A regular board plan is not available during the summer. However, some of the Claremont Colleges dining halls may be open throughout the summer (with limited/sporadic hours), and you may purchase meals on a cash basis.
- In addition, you will have access to the residence hall kitchen during scheduled hours.
- Pitzer’s McConnell Dining Hall is typically, but not always, open during the summer for breakfast, lunch and dinner service. There is no meal plan active during the summer and the cost of the meals can be found below.
Additionally, the Pit Stop Café is also open for limited hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-3:30pm) for coffee and grab and go food items.
As always, more information on the menu can be found : https://pitzer.cafebonappetit.com/
And more information on Summer Conference Groups can be found: https://www.pitzer.edu/conferences/category/news-events/
Residence Hall Programming
- Various programs will be planned throughout the summer by the Summer RA staff.