Summer Housing Application – All students requesting Summer Housing must ALSO submit a Summer Housing Application.
Mead Hall Summer Housing Checkout Form
Information and Application
Summer session students are not required to live on campus.
- Pitzer College offers on-campus summer housing through the Office of Student Affairs. Housing is open to Pitzer College students, graduates, students enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, and all Claremont College students working with 7C faculty and/or staff.
- Student Affairs staff will be available during the summer to offer a range of academic and residential support services. Some services will be limited and the College’s comprehensive residence life program will not be in effect during the summer.
- You must be working at Pitzer, doing coursework, an internship (endorsed by a Pitzer staff or faculty), research with faculty, or engaged in approved activities on campus during the summer to qualify for housing. Documentation from a staff or faculty member (that includes dates of your work) to confirm participation is required of all applicants (unless you are enrolled in a Summer Session course).
- Only a limited number of rooms are available and are reserved on a first-come-first-served basis. Make your reservation early.
- Rooms may be rented on a weekly basis.
- Students are required to vacate their summer room within 48 hours after their last course or last commitment to their faculty, staff, job, or internship.
Program Dates & Transitioning to Summer Housing
- Housing is available starting Sunday, May 13, 2018 for Pitzer Students.
- If you are a Pitzer student currently living on campus, you will be given permission to stay in your current room until your summer room is ready.
- Summer rooms are typically ready for move-in the first weekend, May 18-20. Students will checkout of their spring rooms and into their summer rooms during this weekend.
- Housing for Claremont College students (and students coming from non-CUC colleges) will be available starting Friday, May 18, 2018.
- Please be aware that Claremont College students will need to request housing at their HOME campus until Pitzer Summer housing becomes available later in the week. A member of the Residence Life staff will contact individuals who may need to make this request after all applications are reviewed during the second week of May.
- Students coming from non-CUC colleges should contact email@example.com to see what other accommodations could be arranged during this transition period and, if on campus housing is available, what additional charges would be assessed.
- If you are enrolled in Pitzer Summer Session courses, you may only live in summer housing until your classes end, unless you are continuing with another approved activity on campus. If you would like to transition to your Fall assigned space after your classes end, you have the option to do so if space permits. If you decide to do this, you will be charged the normal weekly rate.
Location of Summer Housing
Housing will be in Mead Hall on the Pitzer campus.
Currently enrolled students are not able to stay in their spring semester rooms during the summer. Summer Housing is only located in Mead Hall.
The Claremont Colleges do not enforce parking permits during the summer months. Students are welcome to bring cars and park them in the East Mesa Parking Lot during the summer. Even though there are no parking permits in the summer, we still highly encourage students to register their vehicle with Campus Safety so they have your car information on file in case of any issues. Simply call Campus Safety to register your vehicle.
Single room: $190 per week per person
Summer housing charges are due at check in and may be paid in full or in weekly installments. If you are a NON-Pitzer student, only checks are accepted as a form of payment. If you are a Pitzer student, you may charge summer housing to your student account. If you would like to charge your summer housing to your student account, please indicate so on your housing application.
Kitchen and Dining Options
- A regular board plan is not available during the summer. However, some of the Claremont Colleges dining halls may be open throughout the summer (with limited/sporadic hours), and you may purchase meals on a cash basis.
- In addition, you will have access you to the residence hall kitchen during scheduled hours.
Residence Hall Programming
- Various programs will be planned throughout the summer by the Summer RA staff.
The summer housing application deadline is Friday, April 27, 2018 at 5:00pm, but rooms are assigned on a first-come-first-served basis and fill up quickly.
- Complete this application. All students requesting Summer Housing must ALSO submit a Summer Housing Application.
- AND, If you are not enrolled in a Pitzer Summer course, you must also submit a letter from a Pitzer faculty or staff member indication that you will be working for, or doing academic work with them this summer and the duration of that activity.
- Contact information for the staff/faculty member overseeing the work you will be doing
- Brief description of work being done
- Start date and end date of work
- The letter should be written on letterhead and include the following information:
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.