Summer Session at Pitzer is an outstanding opportunity for students to continue and enrich their education in a rigorous academic atmosphere distinct from the traditional school year. Students may choose from an extensive slate of undergraduate courses offered across the curriculum during an intensive six-week session. All courses are taught by Claremont Colleges faculty and established adjunct professors.
- Catch up or get ahead on units
- Fulfill the requirements of a major or educational objective
- Focus on a difficult course or requirement
- Continue your research or study of an academic interest
- Explore new interests
- Enjoy savings on tuition
2021 Session Dates
- One six-week session: May 24-July 2
- 3+1 Enrollment Registration: March 1
- Open registration: Begins March 15
- Registration ends on Monday, May 17 at 11:59 P.M. (PST)
Who May Apply
Summer Session at Pitzer is open to current students of The Claremont Colleges in good standing at their respective colleges and qualified students in good standing at other accredited colleges and universities. Incoming students of the Claremont Colleges are not eligible to apply.
Admission may be subject to review of the applicant’s academic status and potential for success in an intensive academic program.
All courses are regular, full-credit course offerings of Pitzer College. Students earn one full course credit (4 semester units, 6 quarter units) per course completed. We recommend that non-Pitzer students check with the Registrar at their home institution to confirm policies on transfer of credits.
Students may take no more than two courses per session. Students should also bear in mind that courses will be intensive and will require considerable study time outside of class.