Jumpstart’s mission is to work toward the day every child in America enters school prepared to succeed. To this end, Jumpstart trains and supports caring adults to serve as part-time Corps members, working with young children to build skills crucial to school success. Jumpstart focuses on three program areas: building School Success for young children by fostering their early language, literacy, social, initiative skills; encouraging strongFamily Involvement to help families support children’s learning; and training college students to be Future Teachers and leaders in early childhood education. Jumpstart serves young children in more than 60 communities nationwide.
About the Position
The Jumpstart program assistant will work closely with the Site Manager both in the Jumpstart office and at our partner program sites in the community. Assistants will be trained in non-profit administration and learn the fundamentals of recruiting, training and managing volunteers, fundraising and grant reporting, and curriculum design and preparation. Basic office duties will include preparing materials, managing volunteers and staff, data collection around the efficacy of our community-based programming, contacting community members and organizations and basic non-profit administration. This is a wonderful training opportunity for any student interested in working in the non-profit field or in working in education.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to manage and organize multiple tasks (long and short term)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize time and responsibilities
Commitment to service
- Community service experience
- Ability to fulfill a yearlong commitment
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude toward helping others
- Dedication to Jumpstart’s mission and program areas
- Willingness to represent Jumpstart to outside groups
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Maturity and good judgment in relating to Jumpstart peers, partners, and families
- Availability, dependability, and willingness to be flexible
Compensation and Benefits
- Potential to earn Work-Study award during term of service
- Extensive training in the field of non-profit management
- Unique opportunity to join a national network of individuals serving young children
- Invaluable opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young children
Contact site manager Jenessa Flores Parker or call (909) 607-9290.
For information or to apply online, visit www.jstart.org