Over 200 Pitzer students live off-campus in the local area each year. We expect our off-campus students to be responsible community members and your efforts will be critical to the health and safety of our community.
Below are expectations that are required of local, off-campus students:
- Start of the Semester COVID test expectation:
- Students who are living off-campus this fall are required to provide proof of a negative PCR COVID test, taken no more than 3 days prior to coming to campus. Please email a photo or scan to the Office of Student Affairs at [email protected] to submit your COVID PCR negative test three days prior to coming to campus to avoid a hold being placed on your student account and campus access privilege restrictions being implemented.
- All students have access to COVID testing through Student Health Services. More information about hours and access to COVID testing at SHS can be found here.
- Off-campus students are still expected to review and abide by CDC travel guidance in their return to the area.
- All students who live off-campus agree to cooperate fully with any contact tracing efforts of any of the individual Claremont Colleges or SHS.
- All students who live off-campus must immediately report any positive COVID-19 test results to Student Health Services (SHS) regardless of the provider that conducts the test.
- COVID-19 Concern Reporting Form: Students may engage in being Mindful of Each Other through community action by using this form to report a COVID-19 concern involving themselves, another individual, or a group.
- These concerns may involve issues related to: monitoring symptoms, face covering guidance, COVID-19 Disclosure, or other concerns. Submissions are also welcomed from local community members who wish to report concerns, such as large off-campus student gatherings.
- All students who live off-campus must provide an updated address, emergency contact, and personal contact information to the College.
- Students will be required to update their contact information and physical address on their Residence portal. This information will assist in our contact tracing efforts if the need arises.
- Students will be required to update their emergency contact and missing persons contact information on their MyCampus2 Portal. Once logged in, click “Student” on the navigation bar at the top of the page, then click “Pitzer Student Info” and scroll down to “Missing Persons/Emergency Contacts Info” to update this information. Emergency contact information may be used to facilitate contact tracing efforts if students do not reply to direct outreach to the contact phone numbers on file with the College.
- Local off-campus students should review the College’s guidance around medical amnesty and student conduct as it relates to COVID-19 here.
- Any student who lives off-campus but engages the services of SHS:
- Agrees to cooperate with all SHS follow-up care and symptom monitoring efforts,
- Consents to the release of information by SHS to the College for the purpose of activating support measures deemed appropriate by the College, and
- Agrees to cooperate with the College in the provision of such support measures.
Roommate/Housemate Conversations Guide
Please consider facilitating a conversation in your household using this “Suggested Household Conversations During COVID-19” as a guide. These conversations can happen within your family, among students/roommates living together, or within friend groups who live separately but are considering seeing each other occasionally this fall.