Eligible faculty and staff members may apply for an interest-free loan not to exceed $2,000 for the purchase of one computer or tablet.
How to access the service:
- Only one loan is allowed per faculty or staff member. This loan may not be used for the purchase of peripherals or additional components.
- The purchase of an extended warranty is allowed.
- Loans must be repaid within 18 months.
- Loan payments will be made in equal monthly installments through automatic payroll deduction. If a faculty or staff member’s employment terminates with the College before the loan is repaid in full, the balance of the loan amount will be immediately due.
- All loan applicants must meet benefits-eligibility requirements.
- Faculty in tenured or tenure-track positions.
- Staff in positions classified as “regular” employment. Must first complete one year of full-time employment or four years of continuous part-time employment. Full-time employment for staff is defined as working 12 months, 40 hours per week. Part-time is defined as any regular employment, less than 12 months but at least 20 hours per week.
- This policy excludes temporary or on-call staff status, or visiting/adjunct faculty status.
Each year, the pool of available loan funds will be allocated 50% to faculty and 50% to staff. Loans are granted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once the maximum number of loans for the year has been granted, a waiting list will be established.
Faculty: Apply through the Dean of Faculty.
Staff: Apply through the Director of Human Resources.
After obtaining approval from the Dean of Faculty or the Director of Human Resources, the faculty/staff member can purchase one computer. The faculty/staff member must complete the computer purchase within four weeks of notification that the funds are available to avoid delaying the availability of funds to others on the waiting list. After the purchase, the faculty/staff member meets with the Associate Treasurer or assigned designee to sign a promissory note. Loan payments will begin the month the promissory note is signed.
Note: The computer purchased by the employee is the sole responsibility of the employee, including support, maintenance, repairs, and all other ownership responsibilities.
After you apply, you cannot begin your purchase until you have received official notice from Human Resources (Staff) or Dean of Faculty’s Office (Faculty) that your funds have been approved. Once approved, you can purchase your computer in one of three ways:
- Through our IT Department; computers are available through the Huntley Bookstore via our Help Desk. Please contact the Help Desk for more information.
- Note: if using this option, you are required to see Lori Yoshino to sign a promissory note before picking up your computer. Please schedule an appointment with her assistant Edie at extension 78531.
- From any other vendor. For this option, please contact Lori Yoshino before purchasing the computer at extension 18856 for information on the procedure for this option.
- Note: for this option, you are required to purchase the computer out of pocket and the computer loan will be issued to you as a reimbursement.