- Submit the New Resources application by April 1.
- Apply using the Common Application Transfer application and select ‘Yes’ when asked – Would you like to be considered for the Jamieson Scholarship for New Resources?
- Submit a non-refundable $70 application fee. If the fee poses economic hardship, email one of the following to email@example.com.
- If currently enrolled in college/university: a letter from the financial aid office indicating your EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
- If not currently enrolled in a college/university: a detailed letter explaining how the application fee poses an economic hardship.
- Be creative in your responses! Help us understand how you think, what you hope to bring to campus and receive from your experience at Pitzer.
- Select one current professor or other individual who can comment on your academic potential (e.g., employers and volunteer supervisors).
- You will assign your recommenders once you access the online application. If your recommender is unable to complete a digital form, they may download the form here, complete, and email the Reference Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All reference letters must be sent to our office directly by the recommender.
- If you have attended a college, you must submit the College Report.
- The Report should be completed by a college official with access to your full academic and disciplinary record (i.e. Dean, Advisor or Registrar). You will assign a college official once you access the online application.
- If your college official is unable to complete a digital form, they may download, complete, and email the College Report to email@example.com.
- All colleges/universities you have attended must send an official copy of your transcript to the Office of Admission either by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You must submit your high school transcript if you have completed less than 32 semester credits or 48 quarter credits by the time you submit your application. You may email an official copy of your high school transcript to email@example.com.
- All official transcripts must be sent to the Office of Admission directly from a college/university and high school.
High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED)
- All applicants must provide proof of high school graduation with a diploma or equivalency (GED).
- Send a copy—not the original diploma—by mail or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pitzer requires the demonstration of English proficiency from students whose native language is not English.
- This must be done by:
- Submitting the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) IBT or the IBT Special Home Edition
- Or submitting the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Or submitting the DuoLingo (DET)
- Or submitting and being granted an English Language Test Waiver (Click here to find out more about the process)
- In order to be considered for regular admission, students must submit official scores or be granted a waiver. For students who submit testing, a minimum score of 100 IBT, 7 IELTS, or 125 DET
- However, students who are qualified for admission to Pitzer in all ways except English proficiency are also eligible for admission to Pitzer College through the International Scholars Program. Applicants must:
- Achieve at least a 70 IBT, or 6.5 IELTS, or 100 DET.
- Or have submitted an English Language Test Waiver and been notified that they will be considered for admission through the International Scholars Program.
- Pitzer can only accept the IELTS, the Internet Based Testing version of TOEFL, the Internet Based Testing Special Home Edition of TOEFL, or the DuoLingo (DET). Pitzer does not currently accept alternate tests of English proficiency (paper-based TOEFL, etc.), but they may be included in your English Language Test Waiver to support your request.
- For more information about applying as an international student, please click here.