Pitzer College Vans COVID-19 Protocols
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and even death. It is mandatory that all passengers wear masks and socially distance as much as possible in the van. Students needing access to a mask may get one at no cost from the Office of Student Affairs, Gold Student Center or Office of Residence Life.
If you are sick, stay home. If you believe you have any COVID-19 related symptoms or exposure, the following information and support is available: Students – COVID-19 Symptoms Protocol & Support.
All Pitzer vans have a maximum capacity of 5 people (including the driver) until further notice.
The following health and safety protocols must be followed while traveling in the Pitzer Vans:
- Wear masks at all times
- Keep windows open to increase airflow
- Socially distance as much as possible
- Practice good hygiene and wash hands regularly, including using hand sanitizer
- Wipe down steering wheel and door handles after use with provided sanitizer wipes
- Report any health and safety concerns
Students, faculty, and staff should report concerns and issues to the Student Services Operations Supervisor Bryce Sternquist ([email protected]) or by contacting Pitzer’s On-Call Dean via Campus Safety at 909-607-2000.
- Pitzer College has 4 mini-vans which seat 7 people each, including the driver. The vans may be used in support of the College’s academic program, for administrative purposes, and for approved student activities.
- Programs must provide/arrange for their own driver(s). A list of approved drivers can be made available upon request.
- The vans may only be driven by persons approved by the Office of Risk Management to drive college vehicles.
- Persons who have not been approved may not drive the vans.
- Please submit your request at least 72 hours in advance. You will be sent an email once the status of the reservation has been confirmed.
- There is a mileage charge of 70¢ per mile for all van use.
- Keys can be picked up in the Office of Student Affairs in Scott Hall.
- Keys can be returned to OSA or placed in the outside drop box in front of the Mail Center, Atherton Hall.
Questions? Email Transportation or call 909.607.2344