Many students are surprised to learn that bicycle riders on public roads in California have the same rights and are subject to the same rules and regulations as motorists. This means that bikers must:
- Drive on right side of the road
- Obey stop signs and traffic signals
- Obey other traffic rules — Refer to the California Driver Handbook to become familiar with these rules
Getting a Bike
New and used bicycles can be purchased from a number of places, including:
- Jax Bicycle Center — First Street, Claremont Village
- Coates Cyclery — corner of Foothill Blvd. and Towne Ave.
- Target — Montclair Plaza
Pitzer College has the Green Bike Program, which raffles several free bikes for Pitzer students at the beginning of each semester. They also lend out bicycles and provide repair services.
California Driver Handbook
Green Bike Program