Social Security

International students holding F-1 status at Pitzer are eligible to apply for a social security number if they have received an offer of employment. This means that students must show the Social Security Administration documentation that they have on-campus employment (unless they have been authorized for other off-campus employment).

To apply for a social security number, you will need to prepare all application materials (see below) and go to the Social Security Office.

  • A letter of hire from your employer
  • A letter from the International Student Advisor at Pitzer for the Social Security Administration
  • An updated I-20 (ideally, one printed in the current semester)
  • A printout of your latest I-94
  • Valid passport and visa
  • Social Security Number application (Form SS 5)