On-Campus Employment

As an F-1 student, you are only eligible for on-campus employment unless you have been approved for CPT or OPT, or have employment authorization for Severe Economic Hardship. There are many opportunities on-campus including teaching assistant, research assistant, or any other student positions at offices. Please note that you are eligible to work not only at Pitzer but at other campuses as well.

How to find on-campus jobs:

  • Go to Handshake: Many offices across the 5C post their open positions on Handshake.
  • Talk to professors who you are interested in working with (as teaching assistants, research assistants, etc.)

Work Study

Work-study gives you the opportunity to obtain an on campus or approved off-campus job and earn income that you can use toward your educational expenses. It also gives you the opportunity to gain experience and pursue your professional goals and interests. Pitzer offers Federal Work Study for U.S. Citizens and Eligible non-citizens who demonstrate financial need. Institutional Work Study is available for international students who demonstrate financial need. Pitzer’s work-study program is managed by multiple campus departments including Career Services who post on-campus jobs and the Office of HumanResources & Payroll Services who processes hiring paperwork and your checks.