To apply for these positions, click HERE
Summer Conference Assistants (SCAs) are on-site liaisons between the Summer Conference Leadership team and conference participants. SCAs serve as the initial point of contact for conference participants and are expected to create an atmosphere of helpfulness and friendliness. The SCA duties are related to three general areas: customer service, communication, and safety/security. The SCA position demands skill in time management, flexibility, patience, ability to communicate, and the desire to be part of a supportive team. The SCA is expected to develop a sense of community by initiating and assisting in the social activities and programs requested by the guest staying at Pitzer College. They serve as information resources about residence halls, general campus life, and the surrounding area. The SCA is a vital member of the Office of Student Affairs team serving our summer conference guest needs.
We will also be hiring at least one lifeguard to work with the SCA team to help with groups using the Gold Student Center pool.
Summer Housing Office Assistants (SHOAs) help with administrative and logistics support of our housing operations in the month of August. They come back to campus in early to mid-August to assist with the summer to fall transition of on-campus housing.
Summer Community Assistants (CAs – similar to the RA position) wholeheartedly foster the growth of a healthy and safe community through positive interactions, respectful exchange of ideas, celebrating diversity in all its forms and empowering leadership and action. In the summer, CAs serve students from all The Claremont Colleges who live at Pitzer to take classes, do research or work on campus.
SCA Job Description
CA Job Description
SHOA Job Description
- Summer staff are employed from approximately June 1 – August 10 each summer (exact dates TBD).
- There is a mandatory Summer staff training for 2-3 days in early June (exact date TBD)
- Summer staff receive a free bed space in one of our residence halls during the time of employment.
- Summer staff are paid hourly and receive approximately 30-40 hours of work each week.
- Be a current or past Pitzer student in good standing with the College.
- If participating in a summer course, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Must be able to do manual labor in various indoor and outdoor climates.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend, climb, stoop, twist, and use tools and equipment required for the position.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Summer Conference Leadership team, Summer Conferences Residence Director, or any member of the Office of Student Affairs.
- Demonstrate an investment in student leadership and the Pitzer community.
||Date & Time
|OSA’s ResLife Application Available Online
||Friday, Nov. 11, 2016
|If you have any questions about the positions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we will answer.
|We’re also happy to meet in person if you want to!
||Sunday, February 26, 2017
||March 3-8, 2017
|Employment Notification Letters Sent via Email
||Friday, March 10, 2017
|Acceptance of Employment Deadline
||Wednesday, March 15, 2017
|Spring Semester Staff Meetings
||We will meet at least one time as a staff in April/May to prepare for the summer!
To apply for this position, click HERE.