Residence Halls will close on Saturday, December 22, 2018 at noon
Residence halls will re-open Sunday, January 20, 2019 at 10:00 am.
NOTE: For future dates, please visit the Four Year Planning Calendar
If you are RETURNING TO YOUR SAME ROOM next semester
- The residence halls CLOSE at NOON on SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22. There will be a $30 fee, per additional ½ hour if you don’t leave by noon
- Please prepare your room by following the instructions below.
- There is no need to return your key.
- Stop by the Residence Life Office during Spring Move in to re-code your card.
If you are NOT RETURNING next semester, please complete ONE of the TWO options below.
Option 1: RA CHECK OUT APPOINTMENT
Sign up at least 24 hours in advance of your planned check out time online
1. Appointments are available on:
a. Wednesday, Dec. 19 – Friday to Dec. 21: 9am-5pm.
b. Saturday, Dec 22: 8am – 11:30 am
2. Meet a RESLIFE staff member at your room at your designated check out time.
3. All of your belongs must be out of the room and it must be cleaned. You will not be permitted to stay in your room after checking out.
4. Check out appointments will consist of the RESLIFE staff member inspecting your room and noting any applicable charges.
Option 2: SELF CHECK OUT
YOU MUST COMPLETE A SELF-CHECKOUT FORM IF…
1. If you made an appointment but are not present in your room when the staff member arrives.
2. If you made an appointment but are not ready to check out at the time you signed up for.
3. You do not elect for a staff member to check out your room.
4. If you are leaving at a time when checkout appointments are not available.
* If you do a self-checkout, you waive your right to appeal any charges for damages to your room. A ResLife
staff member will inspect your room after you’ve left.
PARTIAL QUIET HOURS: Sunday, Dec 9 – Saturday, Dec 15: 7 pm-9 am.
24-hour quiet hours: Saturday, Dec 15 – Sunday, Dec 22
*Violation of the quiet hour policy will result in an official warning, a $50 fine for the second violation and $100 for any additional violation thereafter.
- Pitzer Road will be open during finals week and the bollards (the poles that block the road) will be removed for limited hours during the week. We encourage you to plan accordingly.
Saturday, December 15-Sunday, Dec. 16: 9am-4pm
Monday, December 17- Friday, December 21: 8:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday, December 22: 8:00am – 1:00pm
- All students living in PAS are required to attend one closing meeting for the fall. If you are unable to attend the meeting being hosted by your specific RA, please feel free to attend any other session!
2018 Closing Info
Date and Time
|A.J. (WES)||Dec 10th @ 7pm||West Hall Living Room|
|Deve (WES)||Dec 16th @ 4pm||East Hall S218 Study Room|
|PAS||Dec 10th @ 7pm|
|Dec 12 @ 7pm|
Dec 16 @ 1pm
Dec 20 @ 7pm
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
Please follow the guidelines below to avoid incurring any fines:
- Please remember to take all important documents (i.e. Pitzer ID cards, passports, and credits cards) and medications with you before you leave campus, as there is NO ACCESS to the residence halls during the winter break.
- After the residence halls close, the Residence Life staff will be entering all rooms to check for safety and health hazards.
- Any items left in the laundry rooms over break will be collected and donated to various organizations during the break.
- UNPLUG all electrical appliances such as refrigerators, computers, TVs, stereos, and clocks.
- CLEAN your room bathroom, and common areas
- DEFROST and leave your refrigerator door open.
- ALL personal items from your restroom area and place in your room, in bathroom shelves, or under the sink area. The toilet area, sinks, and shower areas should be completely empty.
- ALL perishables from your room. A minimum charge of $10 may be applied to your student account for non-removal of perishable items.
- Bicycles must be removed from bikes racks and placed in your room
- EXCHANGE Your dirty green to-go container for a clean one in the dining hall to avoid creating a health hazard in your room! Any dirty to-go containers will be removed from your room and you will be charged a $10 removal fee.
- Trash rooms will be locked on Thursday, December 20, 2018. Dispose of all trash in the dumpsters, which are located on Pitzer Road next to Mead hall, one on the South side of Pitzer Hall, and two located in between North Sanborn and East Hall (next to the amphitheater). Any trash not disposed of in the dumpsters will result in charges of $15 – $50 depending on the amount of trash left in the room/common room/hallways.
- Green compost bins should be cleaned. Those not returning in spring must return the bins. Those returning in spring can keep cleaned bins in their room over break.
- ReRoom – Available 12/17-12/21 – Locations in GSC and Mead Lobbies
- CLOSE all blinds, lock all windows and doors.
- Fill out a work order online for any repairs that need to be made over the break period.
- DO NOT leave any residence hall approved pets in your room.
LEAVING YOUR VEHICLE ON CAMPUS
- Register your vehicle with Campus Safety.
- It is recommended you leave it in the East Mesa parking lot in a well-lit area.
- Hide or remove anything valuable and removable electronics.
- Set the alarm if you have one and/or attach any other security devices.
- Close all windows and lock your doors.
LEAVING YOUR BIKE ON CAMPUS
- All bicycles must be stored in residents’ room.
- Make sure to remove your bike from the racks and place them in your room. Bikes left on bike racks are done at your own risk.
- There will be no one on campus to monitor your bike. If you leave your bike on the rack over break, you run the risk of losing tires, seats, handlebars, or your bike may get stolen.
RESIDENCE HALL CHARGES AND APPEAL INFORMATION
- Students have the right to file a written appeal to the Office of Student Affairs. However, students choosing to do a Self-Checkout waive their right to appeal. If you are fined for any residence hall charges, the fee will appear on your February statement. Appeals should be received no later than February 17, 2019 at 5:00pm. Please submit your online appeal here: www.pitzer.edu/reslife-appeal