GENERAL CLOSING INFORMATION
NOT RETURNING NEXT SEMESTER ( LEAVING FOR ABROAD, LEAVE OF ABSENCE)
RETURNING NEXT SEMESTER
- Any items left in the laundry rooms over break will be collected and donated to various organizations during the break.
- Pitzer Road will be open during finals week and the bollards (the poles that block the road) will be removed for limited hours during the week. We encourage you to plan accordingly.
The Schedule is:
Monday, December 11- Friday, December 15
8:00am – 9:00pm
Saturday, December 16
8:00am – 1:00pm
*Please remember to take all important documents (i.e. Pitzer ID cards, passports, and credits cards) and medications with you before you leave campus, as there is NO ACCESS to the residence halls during the winter break.
*After the residence halls close, the Residence Life staff will be entering all rooms to check for safety and health hazards.
- All students living in PAS are required to attend one closing meeting for the fall. If you are unable to attend the meeting being hosted by your specific RA, please feel free to attend any other session!
2017 Closing Info
Pairs (Two RAs per meeting)
Date and Time
Amanda and Gina
|East Sanborn Living Room (1st floor)
Hiwet and Elliot
Atherton 3d Floor Study Room
@ 8:00 pm
| East Sanborn Living Room (1st Floor)
| Estefania and Anjuli
Sunday, Dec 10
Pitzer Hall Living Room, First floor
BEFORE YOU LEAVE
Please follow the guidelines below to avoid incurring any fines:
- UNPLUG all electrical appliances such as refrigerators, computers, TVs, stereos, and clocks.
- CLEAN your room bathroom, and common areas
- DEFROST and leave your refrigerator door open.
- ALL personal items from your restroom area and place in your room, in bathroom shelves, or under the sink area. The toilet area, sinks, and shower areas should be completely empty.
- ALL perishables from your room. A minimum charge of $10 may be applied to your student account for non-removal of perishable items.
- Bicycles must be removed from bikes racks and placed in your room
- EXCHANGE Your dirty green to-go container for a clean one in the dining hall to avoid creating a health hazard in your room! Any dirty to-go containers will be removed from your room and you will be charged a $10 removal fee.
- Trash rooms will be locked on Thursday, December 14th. Dispose of all trash in the dumpsters (available December 14th), which are located on Pitzer Road next to Mead hall, one on the South side of Pitzer Hall, and two located in between North Sanborn and East Hall (next to the amphitheater). Any trash not disposed of in the dumpsters will result in charges of $15 – $50 depending on the amount of trash left in the room/common room/hallways.
- CLOSE all blinds, lock all windows and doors.
- Fill out a work order online for any repairs that need to be made over the break period.
- DO NOT leave any residence hall approved pets in your room.
If you are leaving your vehicle on campus:
- If you have not already done so, register your vehicle with Campus Safety.
- If you plan on leaving your car on campus, it is recommended you leave it in the East Mesa parking lot in a well-lit area.
- Hide or remove anything valuable and removable electronics.
- Set the alarm if you have one and/or attach any other security devices.
- Close all windows and lock your doors.
All bicycles must be stored in residents’ room. If you are leaving your bike on campus, please make sure to remove your bike from the racks and place them in your room. Bikes left on bike racks are done at your own risk. There will be no one on campus to monitor your bike. If you leave your bike on the rack over break, you run the risk of losing tires, seats, handlebars, or your bike may get stolen.
PARTIAL QUIET HOURS
Partial quiet hours will be in effect beginning on Sunday, December 3rd at 7:00pm and will continue through Saturday, December 9th at 9:00 am. Partial quiet hours will last daily from 7:00 pm – 9:00 am.
24 HOUR QUIET HOURS
24-hour quiet hours will be in effect beginning on Saturday, December 9th at 7:00 p.m. and will continue through Saturday December 16th at 12:00 pm (noon). All other hours should be viewed as consideration hours, emphasizing mutual respect and courtesy. Please be aware of others’ need to concentrate, sleep and study.
RESIDENCE HALL CHARGES AND APPEAL INFORMATION
Students have the right to file a written appeal to the Office of Student Affairs. However, students choosing to do a Self-Checkout waive their right to appeal. If you are fined for any residence hall charges, the fee will appear on your January statement. Appeals should be received no later than February 1, 2018 at 5:00pm PST. Please submit your online appeal here: https://parking.formstack.com/forms/housing_charges_appeal
Residence halls will re-open Sunday, January 14, 2018 at 10:00 am.
Have a fun and safe Winter Break!