Major Themes: Loss of, and preparation for, study abroad, leadership development and leadership roles, wellness, career exploration, life skills, social connections.
Highlighted initiatives and programs:
- Study Abroad pre-orientation – preparing for navigating new cultures
- Leading campus from the middle: leadership, social norming, bystander intervention as a Junior
- Life Skills Workshops: living off-campus, navigating leases, budgeting while off-campus, cooking demonstrations.
- Year 3 programming on Career Services’ 4-Year Action Plan
Junior Experience Checklist
- Explore Graduate School programs
- Note any dates for application and required materials.
- Ask a faculty member you trust if they know of any great programs, or if they will serve as a letter of recommendation moving forward.
- Look into GRE (or specific exams) testing dates, costs, methods, and locations near you.
- Explore GRE (or specific exams) prep workbooks and best test-taking practices. Make a study and practice group.
- Study Abroad
- Attend a Study Abroad info session or program.
- Plan out what Pitzer SA programs and countries look the most interesting to you.
- Career exploration
- Not sure about the first step out of college? Explore with this Career Interest Tool.
- Pick a few job titles you are interested in and search them on O*net.
- Explore what’s important to you
- Attend a Student Organization that you went to in your first year, reflect on how you’ve changed since.
- Practice gratitude in the community
- Write a friend a physical, e-card, or send them a thoughtful text.
- Tell a Senior the impact they’ve had on you, how you’d like to stay connected after they graduate.
- Election Preparation
- Make sure you are registered to vote.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Find a book to read for your own growth. Form a discussion group to follow up with/keep you on track. Some possibilities:
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism? by Robin Diangelo
- Attend a program or event offered by the Identity Board or student organizations.
- Mental Health
- Follow PZStrive2Thrive on Instagram for lot of information.
- Physical Health