Getting Hired

Hire Authorization Form (All)

Once you are offered and accept a position, your supervisor will provide you with a link to the Authorization to Hire Form. Once completed and submitted by the student, the form will automatically route to the Supervisor identified on the form for their review and approval. Please review our Hire Workflow for Student Workers to learn more about our hiring process.

You cannot begin working until you receive an email from Pitzer Human Resources

indicating that your paperwork has been processed.

First-Time Hires Only

Students who are first-time hires (meaning they have never worked at Pitzer before, in any position) must complete a few requirements in addition to the Authorization to Hire Form before they start working. This information must be completed online via Workday, Pitzer’s personnel record system.

Proof of Eligibility to Work in the U.S.

You are required to present legal documentation verifying your eligibility to work in the U.S by providing acceptable I-9 documents. Please note that you must present original, unexpired document(s) during the hiring process; photocopies will not be accepted. If you cannot present documents demonstration eligibility to work, please contact the Office of Human Resources to go over your options.

U.S. Citizens & Eligible Non-Citizens can provide documents such as a U.S. Passport/Permanent Resident Card or a combination of a Driver’s License/State Issued ID and a Social Security Card. Reference acceptable I-9 documents for a comprehensive list.

DACA Students can provide a copy of their Employment Authorization Document (aka work permit). The work permit has your picture, along with your name and other information, such as the date that your work permit expires.

International Students must provide a copy of their passport, visa and most recent I-94. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services stipulates that F-1 students are able to accept on-campus employment only. After the first academic year, F-1 students may engage in off-campus employment. Visit USCIS Student and Employment page for details.

International students who are been offered a job must apply for a Social Security Number through the Social Security Administration. For more information on the topic, visit International Students > Social Security. For additional guidance, international students can also make an appointment with Todd Sasaki, Pitzer’s International Student Advisor.