Distinguished Staff Award
These awards recognize two staff members, one supervisory and one non-supervisory, for their distinguished service to the College. Each recipient will receive an award of $250 (which is paid via payroll and taxable) and will be recognized at the Staff Recognition Luncheon.
- All part-time and full-time staff with a minimum of two years of continuous service at Pitzer, whether employed by Pitzer College or an external vendor, may be nominated.
- Nominated employees serving on Staff Council are prohibited from also serving on the Distinguished Staff Award Selection Committee (which is comprised of all members of Staff Council). However, Staff Council Representatives are eligible for nomination.
- Members of the President’s Cabinet and previous recipients of the Distinguished Staff Award are ineligible for nomination.
Award Evaluation Criteria
Staff Council will make up the body of the Distinguished Staff Award Selection Committee and will review nominations and make the selection of the recipients. Human Resources will additionally review the nominations before the final selections are made.
- Nominations for the Distinguished Staff Award can come from Pitzer College students, staff, and faculty.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- The nominee should show the following characteristics:
- Consistent level of high performance
- Going above and beyond in daily work
- Consistent demonstration of one or more of Pitzer’s core values
- Continual development of professional skills
- Innovation and creative problem solving
Previous Award Recipients
|2022||Tasmia Moosani (Non-Supervisory)|
Kathleen Kile (Supervisory)
|2021||Kevin Bishop (Non-Supervisory)|
Alayna Session-Goins (Supervisory)
|2020||Melissa Burrows (Non-Supervisory)|
Kirsten Carrier (Supervisory)
|2019||Carlos Alvarez (Non-Supervisory)|
Brad Tharpe (Supervisory)
|2018||Victor Milhon-Martin (Non-Supervisory)|
Jessica Levy (Supervisory)
|2017||Lesley Malinoski (Non-Supervisory)|
Mark Crawbuck (Supervisory)
Recent Staff Council Quarterly Newsletters
All-Staff Meetings & Recognition Events
|Fall All-Staff Forum/Meeting||Fall break|
|Winter All Staff and Faculty Party||Not held for 2021-2022 academic year|
|Spring All-Staff Forum/Meeting ||Not held for 2021-2022 academic year |
|Staff End of the Year Luncheon ||Scheduled for May 24th|
|Summer Staff Council Orientation|| Event Information TBD |