Insiders Guide to Pitzer Staff Benefits
Staff Training & Professional Development Fund
Funds are available to provide staff the opportunity to attain new skills or knowledge in a manner that will enhance a staff member’s performance and be a specific benefit to their department and the College.
Staff Training & Professional Development Fund Application 18-19
- Conferences, workshops or seminar
- Travel and accommodations for off-campus conferences/seminars
- Special projects, including but not limited to research & publication
Women and Leadership Alliance (WLA)
The Women and Leadership Alliance is a joint endeavor to support and promote student programs at the Claremont Colleges that will highlight issues faced by women in leadership in business, government and other professions. The group meets monthly to plan special events and discuss current events.
Staff Council Lending Library
Staff Council has a lending library for the use of staff.Let us know if there’s a book you think we should add to our offerings.
The library is located in the wooden cabinet in the kitchen area of the Avery Faculty/Staff Lounge.
- Network for Career Success
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff at Work
- The Stress Management Book
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress Free Productivity
- The Truth About Managing Your Career
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
- Too Nice for Your Own Good
- The 10 Best Ever Anxiety Management Techniques
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
FREE, on-site training conducted by experienced and knowledgeable trainers is available on a broad variety of professional and personal topics through the College’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Supervisors interested in arranging training for their teams, or coordinating training for two or more offices, may do so by contacting Human Resources (HR).
Training must be requested to the EAP no less than 30 days in advance of the desired training date and the location reserved. The training must have no less than 10 and no more than about 25 participants. Supervisors will communicate with the trainer in advance to tailor the training to their team’s needs and will coordinate the on-site logistics. To arrange a training, contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 18254.
Employee Assistance Program (PDF)
How to Communicate with Staff
There are a variety of ways to communicate with administrative and service staff and we’ve provided a quick reference document to help.