These awards recognize two staff members, one supervisory and one non-supervisory, for their distinguished service to the College. Each recipient will receive an award of $250 (which is paid via payroll and taxable) and will be recognized at the Staff Recognition Luncheon in May 2018.
- Nominated employees serving on Staff Council are prohibited from also serving on the Distinguished Staff Award Selection Committee (which is comprised of all members of Staff Council). However, Staff Council Representatives are eligible for nomination.
Award Evaluation Criteria
Staff Council will make up the body of the Distinguished Staff Award Selection Committee and will review nominations and make the selection of the recipients. Human Resources will additionally review the nominations before the final selections are made.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- The nominee should show the following characteristics
- Consistent level of high performance
- Going above and beyond in daily work
- Consistent demonstration of one or more of Pitzer’s core values
- Continual development of professional skills
- Innovation and creative problem solving