The College has raised $19,180,885 for the Residential Life Project—over 100 percent of the funds needed to achieve the $18 million goal. Thanks to $11 million in lead gifts contributed by three leading Pitzer families—the Pitzers ($5 million), the Golds ($3 million) and the Pritzkers ($3 million)—the College got a strong early boost toward meeting the fundraising goal to support the Residential Life Project. Now, over 450 other individuals, foundations and corporations have joined our lead donors to make significant financial commitments. Pitzer College appreciates deeply these important gifts to the Project and the positive momentum that they lend to the overall fundraising effort.
Ann, John and Russell Pitzer joined the Project’s fundraising leadership as Honorary Chairs of the National Fundraising Committee, teaming-up with Committee Chair Susan Pritzker, Alumni Co-Chair Bridget Baker and Parent Co-Chair Shana Passman. The Pitzer Board of Trustees has demonstrated 100% participation in the fundraising campaign. In April, the College launched a broad-based “brick campaign” with opportunities for alumni, parents, staff and faculty to contribute to the success of this exciting project.
In addition to gifts from individuals, Pitzer has received a number of grants from prestigious foundations. These include:
• The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations—$200,000
• The Fletcher Jones Foundation—$500,000
• The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation—$250,000
• The Kresge Foundation—$750,000 in addition to $50,000 for sustainability planning
• The Andrew Mellon Foundation—two $50,000 planning grants for a total of $100,000
• The Annenberg Foundation—$100,000
• The Weingart Foundation—$750,000
A number of corporate sponsors have begun to step forward, with cash and in-kind gifts provided by:
• Aquarius Brands, Inc.
• Carrier Johnson Architects
• CTG Energetics
• Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
• Narratus Solutions, Inc.
• Rain Bird Corporation
• Trilogoy Architectural Products
• Three Valleys Municipal Water District