Phil Zuckerman, Professor of Sociology and Secular Studies

Phil Zuckerman, professor of sociology and secular studies, shares how faculty are learning new technologies, new platforms, new ways of conceiving content, and how to deliver that content creatively.

Transcript:
We’ve been spending all summer stepping things up, realizing well, we’ve got to embrace this now. We’ve got to learn new technologies, new platforms, new ways of conceiving content, and how to deliver that content. And we’ve got to make the best of it and be creative. I am making my classical sociological theory class to be blended, combined; we’re going to do async and sync. So you’re going to have some lectures. But I’m going to record those lectures so you can watch those at your own pace as well. We’re going to have some in-time discussions, but we’re all also going to to use some discussion boards so that we watch films and movies asynchronously, we can also discuss those asynchronously as well. And I’m excited. I’ve never done it before, but I think it’s going to be a new experience.