Gold Student Health and Wellness Center (GSC)
updated January 14, 2022
TEMPORARY GSC USE GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
- The GSC Fitness Center will be operating at limited capacity starting Monday January 17, 2022. Only 10 Pitzer Community members will be allowed to use the fitness center at a time, limited to one hour/day per person. Community members will have to reserve an appointment online to use the fitness center to ensure maximum capacity limits, allow for social distancing and cleaning between use.
- GSC Fitness Center reservations can be reserved here: https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/gold-student-center/fit/
- Pitzer community members using the GSC Fitness Center will be required to wear well-fitting 1) medical grade mask, 2) surgical masks, 3) medical procedure masks, or 4) higher-level respirators approved by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), such as a N95 filtering face respirator, when working out in the GSC. If community members do not have an appropriate mask to wear indoors, the GSC Staff will be able to provide one at the front desk.
- All community members will be required to sign-in using the QR code, limit their visit to one hour, and clean all equipment and machines after use. If time limit, cleaning, or masking protocols are not followed, guests will be asked to leave.
- All GSC Fitness classes and personal training will be schedule online and will be hosted virtually, outdoors, or individual 1:1.
GSC FITNESS PROGRAM OFFERINGS (scheduled for first two weeks of semester)
GSC FITNESS CENTER HOURS
- Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-11:00 pm
- Friday 6:00 am-9:00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 a.m-9:00 pm
- Monday-Friday 7:00 am-5:00 pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00 am-5:00 pm
PERSONAL TRAINING (in-person or virtual with Lanette)
PILATES CLASSES (virtual with Lauren)
Book your Pilates appointment: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82436926387?pwd=ckRjSlo4akxHM2hsRi9ZL0VzK3d3UT09
- Mondays -5:30 pm-6:30 pm
- Wednesdays -5:30 pm-6:30 pm
- Fridays -5:30 pm-6:30 pm
YOGA CLASSES (virtual with Sherylle)
Book your Yoga appointment: https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/gold-student-center/fit/
- Tuesday, 1/18 at 12 pm
- Tuesday, 1/25 at 12 pm
- Thursday, 1/27 at 12 pm
Student-Sponsored Events, Programs, Gatherings and Meetings Guidelines – Fall 2021
Information for Pitzer student‐led gatherings and events/meetings guidelines for fall 2021 can be found here.
Student Engagement, Programming & 5C Events
- The Pitzer and the Claremont Colleges are working collaboratively to ensure that there is a robust campus life when students return. Pitzer students can anticipate programs and events to occur on Pitzer’s campus beginning fall 2021, and student organizations and campus groups can anticipate being able to plan events for their peers and the community. As the 5C campuses re-open, students should expect an incremental approach to cross-campus programming. Students will be given the opportunity to adjust to the new protocols and get comfortable being on their own campus before 5C events will be hosted. If circumstances permit, 5C events will be integrated back into campus life after an initial adjustment period, and students will be able to interact with students from the other undergraduate colleges in larger settings. Pitzer will continue to host “Weeks of Welcome” to welcome our students back to campus life and will continue to honor our “Substance Free Weeks” (which is from the time students arrive on-campus in August up until the first Sunday of the semester, Sunday, Sept. 5).
- Per 5C agreement, there will be no large 5C social events until after September 20, 2021, 2021. This allows time for each campus to ensure that its students are fully vaccinated (some may not have been able to start their vaccination series until arriving in the U.S.). It also provides three weeks for each campus to build up its community and establish its institutional policies with students before opening events up to the broader 5C community.
- All Pitzer-only student events should be registered through the Events Board and the Campus Life professional staff. We expect to enforce Pitzer’s Student-Sponsored guidelines regarding individual event registration, and we will review those expectations with students at the start of the year. Per usual, we will place a heavy emphasis on inclusive events, and will expect responsible planning and participant behavior.
Student Organization Guidelines
- Pitzer student organization and 5C club and organization activity is ok to proceed immediately upon arrival to campus, so long as the activity is “business” related. No 5C social events or parties will be permitted before September 20, and must be registered and approved per usual through Pitzer’s Events Board.
- Pitzer student organizations that need to re-charter for the 2021-2022 academic year should reach out to Student Senate to start that process. Pitzer Student Senate will still host its annual Pitzer Student Organizations Fair in September, to support students getting involved in Pitzer student organizations. More details about date, location, and process to register will be announced in early September.
Student Organization Spaces and Access
All student organizations that have dedicated space (including Student Senate, Identity Organizations, Pitzer Advocates, Outdoor Gear Closet, Green Bike Program, etc.) will be allowed to use their spaces during the academic year. Student using to student organization spaces should review the COVID expectations and recommendations outlined below:
- Masks are required indoors at all times, even if someone is by themselves or just with their household, masks still required in any indoor space that is not your own suite
- No physical distancing required at this time, still respect usual max capacity limitations
- ID groups may invite fellow Claremont Colleges students into their spaces, as long as all individuals stay masked while indoors. No non-Claremont Colleges guests/visitors are allowed inside the residence halls.
- Prop door/open windows when the space is in use
- Can reserve classroom spaces for larger meetings or use outdoor spaces if you’d like
- Supplies will be delivered in advance of the academic year, but if you run out you can put in a work order to have supplies delivered to your space (i.e. disposable masks, hand sanitizer, etc.)