Pathway Forward » Community Messages » Student Wellness and Mental Health Support for Spring 2022 – Join Us!
We would like to wish you safe travels back to campus and to share information about our health and wellbeing programming and support opportunities as the Spring 2022 semester begins. Our continued goal is to provide opportunities for you to re-engage in the community, find ways to destress, share joy, build self-care skills, and persevere through uncertain times.
Below please find multiple ways for you to engage in wellness programming and mental health support at Pitzer.
Wellness and Support Resources
- Drop-in Wellness Hour, Tuesdays and Thursdays 7-8 pm, online for students beginning the first week of the semester. More info on Instagram: @pzstrive2thrive
- Wellness Wednesdays Programing Wednesdays at 12 noon online for students beginning the first week of the semester. More info on Instagram: @pzstrive2thrive
- Strive to Thrive: Follow us on Instagram @pzstrive2thrive which will include interactive activities such as games, self-care tool kits, programming, zoom links to drop ins and other fun things!
- Sagehen Athlete Wellness Drop-In every other Wednesday 11 am – 12 noon online for students beginning February 2. More info on Instagram: @pzstrive2thrive
- The GSC Fitness Center will be operating at limited capacity starting Monday, January 17, 2022. Only 10 Pitzer Community members will be allowed to use the fitness center at a time, limited to one hour/day per person. Reservation required. Hours below. GSC Fitness Center reservations here: https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/gold-student-center/fit/
- Campus Life: Check out board games, lawn games, fitness equipment and art supplies for outside use. Instagram: @pitzer.campuslife. More info email: [email protected]
Mental Health Support at Pitzer: In partnership with ARC Counseling, two therapists will be available for weekly drop-in hours online for the month of January and transition to on-campus once we return to in-person instruction. Counseling support is open to all students for short-term triage and referral as needed.
More info on Instagram @pzstrive2thrive
Monsour Counseling and Psychological Services (MCAPS): Will host drop-in hours for students in isolation online and will begin as the semester begins. More information will be sent via email or contact (909) 621-8202
Online Wellness Magazine for Pitzer students—enjoy articles, recipes, health and wellness tips, and more!
Pilates Classes (virtual with Lauren): You can book your Pilates appointment here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82436926387?pwd=ckRjSlo4akxHM2hsRi9ZL0VzK3d3UT09
- Mondays -5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesdays -5:30pm-6:30pm
- Fridays -5:30pm-6:30pm
Yoga Classes (virtual with Sherylle): You can book your Yoga appointment: https://www.pitzer.edu/student-life/gold-student-center/fit/
- Tuesday, 1/18 at 12pm
- Tuesday, 1/25 at 12pm
- Thursday, 1/27 at 12pm
GSC Fitness Center Hours:
- Monday-Thursday 6:00am-11:00pm
- Friday 6:00am-9:00pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00a.m-9:00pm
- Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm
- Saturdays and Sundays 9:00am-5:00pm
Roberts Pavilion Fitness Center at Claremont McKenna College (CMC)
- Monday- Friday 6:00 am – 2:00 pm