Spring 2022: Twice-a-Week COVID Testing for First Two Weeks Back on Campus
All asymptomatic students will engage in the following testing schedule upon arrival to campus, testing two times each week for the first two weeks upon return:
|Tues, Jan. 18 & Thurs, Jan. 20 ||Tues, Jan. 18 & Thurs, Jan. 20 ||Wed, Jan. 19 & Fri, Jan. 21 ||Wed, Jan. 19 & Fri, Jan. 21 |
|Tues, Jan. 25 & Thurs, Jan. 27 ||Tues, Jan. 25 & Thurs, Jan. 27 ||Wed, Jan. 26 & Fri, Jan. 28 ||Wed, Jan. 26 & Fri, Jan. 28 |
- NOTE: If you are delaying your return to campus, you will still need to test two times each week for YOUR first two weeks back on campus.
If you have tested positive for COVID recently, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with documentation. Students who have recently tested positive will be exempt from the testing requirement (as long as they remain asymptomatic) for up to 90 days. However, students currently exempt from routine testing that tested positive for COVID-19 prior to December 2021 and are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, must engage in COVID-19 testing given they may be impacted by Omicron.
For more information, please read Pitzer’s Spring 2022 Return Updates.
Following their initial two weeks on campus, all Pitzer students will be required to complete free weekly COVID-19 routine testing, including once per week for vaccinated students and twice per week for unvaccinated students. This is an asymptomatic screening done via a self-collected saliva-based PCR test at Student Health Services (SHS). Students will complete this weekly testing throughout the semester until further notice of change in medical guidance.
Students who do not comply with weekly testing requirements will be reported to the Dean of Students Office for disciplinary action, including immediate interim loss of campus, social, and athletic privileges.
SHS COVID Testing Site Access Locations:
- Student Health Services (SHS):
- Students will be able to access testing services at SHS without an appointment
- Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed 12-1 p.m. for lunch)
- SHS also has satellite testing locations at HMC and Pomona now, info below
- SHS Testing Sites
- Harvey Mudd College (HMC):
- The HMC testing site is located in the Platt Living Room
- No appointment needed
- Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. (closed 12-1 pm for lunch)
- Pomona College:
- The Pomona site is located in Walker Hall Lounge
- Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., open during lunch
Students will test on the specific day of the week outlined for their class:
- First Years: Monday
- Sophomores: Tuesday
- Juniors: Wednesday
- Seniors: Thursday
- Students who may have missed their assigned weekly testing day: Fridays
- Students with an approved exemption (unvaccinated): Tuesday and Friday
Retrieving COVID Test Results:
- Test results will be posted to the Student Health Services portal at https://shshealthportal.cuc.claremont.edu/. If you consented, you will receive a text message notifying you when your results are available in the portal.
- To see your test results, you will need to login to the portal using your usual single sign-on credentials as well as your date of birth (DOB).
- When you sign on to the SHS Portal, you’ll need to go to click on “Medical Records” and then “Lab Results” to view your recent COVID test results.
- If your results say “Rejected” you DO need to go back to SHS to be re-tested as soon as possible, at least on the next weekday.
- For more information please visit https://services.claremont.edu/covid/screening-program/
Recent COVID-19 Diagnosis?
If you tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days you will not be able to test at SHS. Instead, we ask that you send proof of your COVID-19 diagnosis (dated within the last three months) to email@example.com. This will let us know that you are exempt from the routine PCR COVID-19 testing. We will continue to be in contact with you about when you’ll need to begin routine testing weekly.