The primary role of the Office of Sponsored Research is to provide the campus community with professional guidance and administrative support for sponsored research activities from Federal, State and Local government entities. Sponsored programs include research that is conducted under the direction of college faculty and staff and funded by governmental organizations external to Pitzer College.
Proposals to non-governmental sources (foundations and other private entities) are handled though the Office of College Advancement, the contact is Jim Stricks, information on how to contact him can be found below in the Internal Resources section.
The Pitzer office of Sponsored Research assists the Pitzer community members in:
- Identifying funding sources
- Assisting in proposal development
- Review and submission of proposal applications
- Post award management of all externally funded awards.
- Interpreting guidelines and promoting compliance with policies from both the funding sponsor and the college.
- Training related to sponsored funding of grants
Cecelia (Cece) Manoochehri
Pitzer College, Sponsored Research and IRB Administrator
1050 North Mills Avenue, Claremont, CA 91711