Hosts have multiple ways to schedule meetings.
If you do not see any of the following options, please check your Settings under your Zoom profile or contact the Help Desk.
- In your Zoom Profile, in Meetings > Upcoming, select Schedule a Meeting to create a meeting
Settings and options
- Setup your meeting:
- Topic: Meeting name
- When: Select your date and time. You can manually enter any time.
- Duration: Only for information purposes. Meetings can be longer or shorter than indicated time
- Recurring: Optional
- Registration: Optional
- Meeting ID: Generate Automatically (random unique meeting ID) or Personal Meeting ID
- Security: Create Passcode (automatic or manual) and/or enable Waiting Room
- Video: select if video on or off when joining meeting (hosts and participants will have option to turn on video)
- Audio: select type
- Meeting Options:
- Enable join before host: Allows participants to join with a host present. If recording automatically, recording will begin when first participant joins.
- Mute participants upon entry: Optional
- Only authenticated users can join: Requires all participants to have Zoom account. Pitzer students are not required to have Zoom accounts, but can create one.
- Breakout Rooms: For more information
- Automatically recording meeting: For more information
- Alternative Hosts: Allows other licensed Zoom users to start meeting on host’s behalf. Requires format: [email protected] Different from Co-Host
- Select Recurring to setup: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or No Fixed Time
- Select No Fixed Time to avoid multiple occurrences of meetings in Zoom profile
- Method one: Select Start for desired meeting from Meetings > Upcoming
- Method two: In existing meeting settings, select Start to begin meeting
- After meeting is created, Edit meeting
- Copy the Meeting ID and Passcode or Invite Link to Sakai, email, or elsewhere
- Select Copy Invitation to copy meeting details. Paste into Sakai, email or elsewhere. Text can be edited
Sharing in Sakai
- In the course site to add the Zoom link and/or meeting ID, select Edit in the Overview page
- In the Text Editor, using the Paste tool or with keyboard (cmd + V or crtl + V), add your Zoom link and/or Meeting ID text
- To make a live Zoom link clickable, highlight text, then select “Link” tool
- Paste the complete Zoom link in URL field, then OK
- Click “Update Options” to save changes
Meeting ID expirations
- Non-recurring meeting ID will expire 30 days after the meeting is scheduled or started. You can also re-start the same meeting ID within the 30 days.
- Recurring meeting ID will expire 365 days after the meeting is started on the first occurrence. You can re-use the meeting ID for future occurrences.