Meeting Hosts have several options to secure their Zoom rooms and manage users. Theses feature can assist you to prevent disruptions from known or unknown participants (disruptions known as “Zoombombing”). If any of these options not not available to you, please check your Settings under your Zoom profile or contact the Help Desk.
Locking your meeting prevents any additional participants from entering.
- To lock meeting: in Manage Participants panel > More
- Anyone attempting to enter will receive the following message when meeting is locked:
- In Manage Participants panel > select Participant > “More” to Remove
Put On Hold
- In Manage Participants panel > Select Participant > “More” to Put on Hold
- Select Participant again to Take off hold or send a message
- Participants on hold see the following
- To mute/unmute a single participant, in Manage Participants panel > Select Participant > Mute or Unmute
- To mute/unmute all Participants, in Manage Participants panel > Mute All / Unmute All
- NOTE: Under More > option to Allow Participants to Unmute Themselves
By default, meetings are not assigned passwords. Passwords can be assigned when creating a meeting, or enabled for the Personal Meeting Room and existing upcoming meetings. All participants will be required to enter password to enter the meeting.
- Check “Require meeting password” box and enter your desired password, then click Save
The Waiting Room allows the host to control which participants and when they can join a meeting.
- NOTE: If Waiting Room is enabled, the “join before host” will not work
- Manage the waiting room in the Manage Participants panel. Select Admit, Remove, or Message to send a message only to waiting participants.
- Hosts can admit individual or all participants. The Waiting Room is only displayed when participants are waiting.
- In Manage Participants panel > Select Participant > “More” to return a participant to the waiting room
- Participants in the waiting room see the following
Share Screen -Host Only
By default, participants can share their screens, Hosts can enable Host Only Sharing. To change settings for all meetings , go to Settings under your Zoom profile.
- In Settings > In Meeting (Basic), select Host Only, then click Save
- To change during a meeting, select Share Screen up arrow option on the bottom toolbar, to Advanced Sharing Options…
- Select Only Host, then close window