Most online resources (eg: Sakai, Workday/Kronos, etc) can be accessed from any location. Some online resources (eg: Shared Drive,Remote Desktop, Onbase, Cognos, Video47) are restricted to the campus network. By using Cisco AnyConnect (VPN) software you create a secure, encrypted tunnel between your computer and the VPN remote server. This will make it appear as if you were on the campus network, to access these resources.
For assistance or questions please contact Help@pitzer.edu
Faculty, Staff and Current Students
How to access the service:
- Open a web browser and follow this link: vpn.claremont.edu
- Select Pitzer from the drop down menu and enter your Pitzer username and password
- If accepted, a message will read: You now have an encrypted path
- Click OK
- On the next screen, select Start AnyConnect
- The on-screen wizard walks you through the steps on downloading the VPN client software to your computer. Make sure to accept/allow any prompts that ask for permission to download this software or related plug-ins.
- Troubleshooting Tip: If you experience trouble, try a different web browser.
How to Use
Use the Cisco AnyConnect software application and click Connect. A prompt might be asked for your Pitzer account credentials.
- Troubleshooting Tip: If the VPN address field is not filled in when you launch the application, enter in vpn.claremont.edu in the “Connect to” field.