George C.S. Benson Auditorium
Please review all policies and procedures prior to booking an event. Any questions or concerns about any of the policies and procedures below can be addressed by contacting our auditorium manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reservations for Benson Auditorium can be made through our Event Management System by Pitzer staff, faculty, and students only.
- Reservations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.
- Reservations for overlapping times are moderated on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations require a minimum attendance of 35 persons.
- Time requested for a reservation must include additional time for attendees to exit, use the auditorium and/or atrium as a gathering space, and similar. Attendees in the auditorium or atrium may be asked to leave after the reserved time has elapsed.
- Reservations for Benson Auditorium are not final until a representative from Benson confirms via e-mail and all questions regarding the event have been answered. Expect correspondence about your event within 4 days of your request; if you are not contacted, please e-mail us to verify that your request was received.
- An event itinerary or outline must be provided, alone with a list of needs, to Benson staff no later than 5 days before the event.
- The College reserves the right to request the presence of Campus Security at certain events, any and all fees associated will be charged to the organizers.
- If your A/V needs change after your reservation is final, these changes must be approved by Benson staff in writing and may not be approved if adequate time to prepare is not provided.
- Event Staff will not be available on days that the College is closed.
- Events longer than 5 consecutive hours will need to break (with the auditorium locked) for an hour before continuing.
Use of the Auditorium
- No tape, paint, sticky substances, etc. that would alter the appearance of the auditorium are to be used anywhere in the auditorium.
- All equipment and props must be approved by Benson Auditorium staff prior to it’s use.
- Use of the green room is limited to individuals who are part of the production.
- The green room must be left in it’s original condition. Any items left in the green room once the reservation period is over will be recycled or donated to charity.
- Benson Auditorium personnel only are permitted to operate the auditorium’s A/V and computer systems. Absolutely no one may operate the console except Benson Auditorium personnel.
- Burning anything of any kind is not permitted in Benson Auditorium.
- Your organization will be wholly responsible for any damage caused by your group to the auditorium, its equipment, etc. during your organization’s use of the auditorium.
- Presenters are encourage to come 10-15 minutes prior to the event start time to work with AV staff to prepare any computer presentations or microphone setups. If the presenter is bringing their own laptop/device to present from, please contact our staff directly to make sure it is compatible with our system.
Conduct in the Auditorium
- No food or drinks are permitted in Benson Auditorium. Audience members may bring in water only in canteens or bottled. Water only may be provided for speakers/performers on stage. Water may not be placed on the lectern. Any food or drink brought into the green room must be consumed in the green room only. If you organization provides food/drink in the lobby/atrium areas outside of the auditorium, the event coordinators are responsible for making sure that attendees do not bring it into the auditorium.
- No chewing gum is permitted in Benson Auditorium.
- The stage and seating area must be left in their original condition. Any items left on the stage or in the seating area once the reservation period is over will be recycled or donated to charity.
- For the safety and consideration of others, there is no climbing over or placing of feet on the seats.
- Aisles and doors must remain clear at all times. All videotaping, photography, etc must be done from designated areas.
- Benson staff reserve the right to remove anyone in gross violation of the safety rules or engaged in disruptive conduct.